Tʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ.

5 months later May 26

It was now nearly summertime again and the past few months had been the best she has had for a while. Her 24th birthday, on 2nd, May, had also just passed and a few weeks after Ariyah's birthday Amani and Ariyah moved into Kareem's home in Austin and their relationship both romantically and as parents improved greatly. Amani was also able to open a new dietetics clinic with Roman's help but frequently travelled to Houston to be around her family and friends.

"You took the test, baby?"Kareem questioned Amani as she nodded her head in reply. Her period which was usually always regular was a few days late, the couple had spoken about having more kids and whilst they weren't openly trying they were not opposed to the idea and having unprotected sex had an outcome.

"Yeah, it's negative", she replied quietly and he nodded giving her a gentle kiss on her lips and forehead. He could tell that she was slightly upset so he made a mental note to take her on a date later and make sure she was feeling alright.

"I'm going to see Kaia and baby Inaya. I got her more gifts", Amani said to him. Kaia didn't know about her pregnancy and gave birth to a girl a month ago. Kaia and her husband both adjusted quickly and were so excited for their firstborn.

"Hey baby, aww you getting so big Habibti(my love)", Amani cooed to Inaya as Kaia took pictures of them.

"Ramadan starts tomorrow, are you excited?"Amani spoke whilst passing Inaya to her mom. The pair had been best friends for years, even though Amani was a Christain she fasted every year with Kaia for as long as they could remember. Amani found that it was a way to test her own strength and found herself closer to God every time.

"You know I am, it's my favourite time, Suhoor at mine and Iftar at your?", Kaia confirmed and Amani replied, "sure".

Two weeks later

"Ariyah, mama is sick, get down", Kareem spoke to his daughter as she climbed down from the bed Amani was laying in.

"Sorry mommy", Ariyah spoke innocently, making her parents smile. Amani's period still wasn't here and she has been having period-like symptoms the past week. Particularly the last 3 days it was hard to even leave her bed. She was convinced it was her body's reaction to her fasting but Kareem was more worried.

"Imma go buy some tests mon amour, order some Wendy's or whatever you want", he said, giving her his phone and kissing both Amani and Ariyah before heading out to CVS.

Amani scrolled through Uber eats trying to decide what to eat when a message from Instagram came through.

rachellejoan; The child is 100% yours tf, my child has been fatherless for four years now because you ain't claiming yo son.

Amani froze for a second before pressing on the notification going onto the girl's profile. Amani was never aware of what happened after she and Kareem broke up 5 years ago, she was far too focused on her child and business.

"Ri knocked out", Kareem walked into their bedroom after putting Ariyah in her bed to sleep as he turned around and noticed Amani's straight face, showing no emotion. "You good baby, you still feel sick we can-", he began to ask as she cut him off.

"Kareem, don't lie to me", she began confusing him as he nodded his head slowly. "Rachelle, you have another child Kareem? You never told me any of this, you promised never to lie to me again", Amani said, trying her hardest not to raise her voice as she greatly believed that conflict could be sorted easily without yelling.

"Mani, why would I lie to you I don't know what she is talking about", he spoke walking closer to her rubbing his hands over his face as she scoffed giving him his phone.

Kareem read over her message as his heart began to beat rapidly.

"Amani, I-i was never aware of this I promise you when I moved we fucked a few times but I was always careful, I will request a DNA test and sort this out I'm sorry Mani, I don't want to hurt you or our family, I love you".

Before she could even respond she fainted...

Heyyy, I've missed y'all💕Ignore any errors

Ignore any errors.

Hope y'all enjoyed this chapter give me any thoughts what you think??

Kaia had a baby and Amani is the sweetest friend.

Thank you so much for reading loves🤎
-Elysia.