Chapter 2- Big Time Run

I finished putting my hair in a pony tail and tying my shoes before making my way downstairs.

I saw the person I wanted to ignore for the rest of the time I was here, in the living rooms tying his own shoes. He looked up at me, and I noticed how bad I had gotten him. He had a black eye and his nose was definitely broken.

"What are you looking at?" He roughly asked, and I rolled my eyes.

And I was about to apologize to that asshole.

I ignored him and grabbed a water bottle out of the kitchen fridge. I fixed my armband, and placed my phone in it.

"Hope!" I heard James' voice and I looked up to see him coming down the stairs. "I didn't realize you were an early bird." He said, and I noticed Kendall trailing behind him.

"Yup, just about to go on my morning run, like usual." I said, and he smiled.

"Do you want to run with us? We were just about to do the same. We could show you around a little bit." Kendall said, and I glanced at Logan to see him already looking at me with an expressionless face.

"Nah, I think I'll just go by myself. I don't want to be a burden to anyone. Thanks for the offer though." I faked a smile before looking away from Logan.

"Come on, Logan's an ass to everyone." James said as I opened the front door.

"Well, some people more than others. I think it's best for everyone if we keep our distance though, so I'll see you two later." I pointed at James and Kendall before heading out the door.

I heard them arguing with Logan before I made my way towards the beach. I connected my earbuds to my phone before I turned my music on and started my run.

I was getting close to the third lifeguard tower, meaning I was almost done with a mile, when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I jumped, taking my earbuds out and turning around.

"What the hell, Logan?" I placed my hand over my heart as it raced faster.

"Look, the guys are really mad at me right now, so can you please act like you don't hate me?" He asked, his hands on the back of his head as he was catching his breath.

"Why should I?"

"Because the guys will stop yelling at me? Duh." I rolled my eyes, placing my hands on my sides.

"No."

"Thanks, it really means a lo- wait what?"

"I said no. Duh." I mimicked him, and he just looked at me. It kinda creeped me out.

"Fine." He said, before placing his hand on my cheek and kissing me. I stood there stunned for a few seconds before I pushed him away.

"Logan! What the hell was that?!" I exclaimed, wiping my mouth off with the back of my hand.

"Now will you act like you don't hate me?" He looked at me annoyed and my eyes widened.

"What?! No!"

"Come on, I thought you wanted a kiss or something. I mean we could hookup if that's what you want." He said, and I stepped back away from him. "Although that would probably be awkward." He mumbled, and I scoffed.

"I'm not one of your girls that you can just play and get something out of! Now, stay the hell away from me." I glared at him, before running past him.

"Come on, you act like we haven't had sex before!" He yelled after me, and it stopped me in my tracks.

I turned around to face him, taking a few steps forward while I rose my voice, "You know what? You're right. We have done it before, but guess what? I regret every fucking second I ever spent with you, because you're just a cheating bastard who doesn't care about anyone but himself!" I glared at him as he looked at me, stunned. "And one more thing; stay the hell away from me!"As he stood there, I took that as an opportunity to turn around towards the house and begin my run back.

I put my earbuds back in my ears, holding back my tears that were forming out of frustration. I was glad when I didn't hear footsteps running after me, and I cranked my music up as loud as it would go.

I was a few feet from the house when I saw Carlos, James, and Kendall hanging out in the backyard.

"Hey, Hope!" All the guys smiled until they noticed how I looked.

I turned to look at James, "I told you that coming back would be a big mistake." My voice cracked and I ran inside before I got the chance to cry in front of them.

"Hope!" I heard them hollering after me but I ignored them and headed towards my room.

"Come on, what happened?" James followed me into my room, and he placed his hand on the suitcase I got out.

"Logan happened." I said, grabbing the small amount of clothes I put in the dresser.

"What did he do?" He asked, but I ignored him as I grabbed the shirts hanging up in the closet. "Hope, talk to me." He stepped in front of me, placing his hands on my shoulders. I looked up at him with tears in my eyes.

"He kissed me." I said, before walking past him and placing my clothes in the suitcase.

"What? Why?"

"He said he thought that's what would make me act like I didn't hate him, then he offered to hookup with me if that's what I really wanted. He started talking about how it wouldn't be the first time and so I snapped on him. I brought up the things I was trying hardest to forget, and now I need to get away from him again." I started to zip up the bag but he stopped me.

"Look, you can't run away from your problems all the time."

"Yes I can and I am." I tried to finish zipping it but he wouldn't let me.

"I really care about you, and although I know how much you hate Logan right now, you can at least spend time with three out of the four guys." He offered, and I sat down on the bed.

"I can't handle it, James. He acts as if I meant nothing to him and I don't know why. He acts like our whole relationship meant nothing to him." Tears formed in my eyes but I refused to let them fall.

"You can't take it out on yourself. I know he wasn't always like that, because I saw the way he looked at you."

"But look at him now! He probably hooks up with a new girl every night! He told me I changed him, he told me he'd never treat me that way because I changed the way he viewed relationships. I should've known you can never change an fuck boy. That's only in stories." I looked away from James as I wiped a tear off my cheek.

"Come on, don't think like that. In high school you two were the couple everyone else wanted to be like-"

"Before or after he cheated?" I looked at him and he looked at me with an are-you-being-serious-right-now-look.

"Just stay to be with us three. I don't care if you ignore him every day, just please stay." He begged me and I sighed.

"Fine, but don't expect me to be nice to him if he talks to me." I said, and he hugged me, a smile on his face.

"As long as you don't punch him again, I think we'll be fine." He said, before running out of the room, most likely to tell the other two the good news.