Chapter 11 - Big Time Appointment

I was getting ready to go to the doctors with Logan when I saw him again standing outside on the deck of my room. Ever since I agreed to go to the doctors with Logan I've been seeing him more.

Even in my dreams.

I kept starring out the glass door, before I took a step back and jumped as I felt someone touch me. I turned around to see Logan and he looked down at me. Just by reading my face he knew I saw him. "He's not there." He said, looking into my eyes before slowly turning me back around.

I knew he wasn't there but it only ever worked when Logan said it. He was gone when I looked and I nodded. "Thank you." I said, turning back around to face him.

"You're welcome, although you shouldn't have to go through this because of a stupid bastard." He said, and I nodded.

"It's just something I'll have to get used to." I said, before putting some sandals on and leaving with Logan to the doctors.

I found out I have severe PTSD and anxiety. They said it was normal from the events I went through, but they put me on a couple medicines and recommended a therapist to go to. I saw him during the appointment and they made me describe what he looked like, so they could make a police report just in case he ever got to LA, since my face was all over right now. I had to give them his first and last name and anything I could remember about him.

Obviously I wasn't going to go to the therapist unless the medicine didn't help, but I didn't tell the doctors that I just thanked them.

On the way back to the house I was riding in the passenger seat of Logan's car when he turned the music down.

"Do you want to grab something to eat since it's already five?" He asked, and I shook my head.

"I don't have any money on me." I said and he chuckled.

"I'll pay for you, you don't have to worry about that." He said and I smiled.

"Thanks, Logan." I said and he nodded.

"Where do you want to go?" He asked, slowing down to the red light.

"I don't care, you choose." I said, and he glanced at me.

"You've never been the picky type, have you?" He asked, and I shook my head. "How about something simple, like Subway?" He asked and I nodded.

"That's actually sounds really good right now." I said, smiling.

"Subway, here we come." He said, as he drove through the green light. I lightly laughed watching the buildings pass by as I leaned my head on the window.

After he ordered for the both of us, we took a seat in a booth, and he was smiling ear to ear.

"Why are you so smiley?" I asked, taking a small bite out of my sandwich.

"I just think it's funny how you still can't order your own food and you're 22." He said and I felt my face heat up as I shrugged my shoulders.

"I'm shy." I said and he laughed.

"My face says differently." He said, pointing at the bruising on his eye that was barely there anymore.

"To people I don't know or hate at the time." I said, taking a sip of my drink.

"Okay, fair." He said, before laughing to himself again.

"What now?" I asked, although I couldn't help but smile at the guy in front of me.

"It just reminds me of all the times I had to order for you when we were dating." He said, and I felt my face heat up more.

"I'm not as shy as was I was back then, but I'm still shy." I said and he shrugged his shoulders.

"I don't see a difference." He said, and I playfully shoved his shoulder. "Honestly the only thing that's changed about you is that I don't think you would've punched someone back then like you did a couple weeks ago."

"Actually you have no idea how long I was waiting to do that to you." I replied and his eyes widened.

"Really? Dang, what did I ever do to you?" He asked and I couldn't tell if he was joking or not. "I'm kidding! Jeez, for a moment I thought you were about to kill me." He said, and I smiled a little.

"I just couldn't tell if you were joking or not." I said and he shook his head.

"No, I know what I did was wrong and cruel, even making a joke about it was bad. I'm sorry." He said and I felt bad.

"No it's fine, I guess I forgot about your not so funny sense of humor." I smiled and he acted offended.

"Rude." He said, holding a hand over his heart. "Although there is some things I say that are really wrong." I nodded, before we both smiled. "I think you're the only girl who had ever really understood my 'sense of humor'." He said, using his fingers as quotation marks around those three words.

"Really? No other girl likes your amazing sense of humor? That so surprising." I sarcastically said as he took a bite out of his sandwich.

"You're mean." He joked, and I smiled.

"Thanks, I know." I joked back, before it turned into a comfortable silence as we continued to eat our food.

I started to listen to the music playing in the fast food restaurant, before I started smiling.

"What?" He asked, before he heard it too. "You still remember this song?" He asked, and I nodded.

"Duh, it was our song." I said, referring to the song that we made our own.

It was the song that was playing on the radio we were listening to when he asked me to be his girlfriend.

"It's still my favorite song." I added and he looked at me like I was crazy.

"Even after everything?" He asked and I shrugged my shoulders.

"I guess it just gave me hope that one day we would see each other again and not hate each other." I replied honestly, not knowing how he would react.

"Well, look at us. We're sitting across the table from each other and not fighting so I guess you could say we don't hate each other." He said, and I smiled. "Plus, everyone thinks we're dating right now, so there's that too." He laughed, and I nodded.

"Honestly, I don't think I ever hated you. I think I hated myself for thinking something could happen between us without you going and doing what you did." I explained and he nodded.

"I never hated you, I just hated that you blamed me for cheating although I thought you cheated first." He said and I nodded.

"So we never hated each other?"

"I guess not." He said and we both smiled until I spotted Jack standing outside the building, looking in at me. My face dropped and I set my sandwich down. Logan looked up at me from his drink, "Hope?" He questioned, but I didn't look at him until he placed his hand on my cheek, and turned my head towards him. "He's not there. It's just you, me, and the other people here. He's not here." He said reassuringly, and I glanced at the window to see him gone before I sighed.

"I'm sorry, I keep ruining everything." I said and he shook his head.

"It's fine, I just hope someone doesn't get a picture of you freaked out like that." He said and I nodded.

"Yeah, that would be a hard one to explain." I sighed, picking my sandwich back up.