Part Nine Rileys POV

This is to weird.

Maya's reading a book. Since when does Maya read? Wait. She is holding a pencil. She's probably drawing again. She doesn't want to draw again after totally failing in that art competition. It's not here fault. She needs to know that people won't just dislike her because she let them down once.

Wait. She is writing something. Taking notes? Na! The book says something.
Jonnle? "No," I whisper to myself.

Maya told me to meet her in the park at 5:00, but,I'm a total baby who likes to play on the swings and stuff. So I came 45 minutes early and come to this!

"Jownel?" I try again. WAIT! "Journal! She took my advise and started a journal! But why is she past the middle of the book?"
Well I am talking about Maya here. She probably has a lot of stuff to talk about that she can't tell anyone. But not that much stuff.

I decided to go to the John Quincy Adams Elementary playground about ten minutes away. It's always open for the little kids... don't judge me. I like see-saws okay.

Later...

I left at about 5:01. (Hey, I like see-saws)so I got to the park I was meeting up with Maya at about 5:12. I got there and do you know what I saw. MAYA WAS STILL WRITING IN HER JOURNAL!! I need to know what was so important. And she hadn't even told me yet. Wait that might be why she called me here! To tell me what's on her mind!

I skipped up to her and cheered,"MAYA!" She quickly put the book in her jacket and stood up. I did my best to pretend that I didn't notice. "Why did you ask me to meet you here?"

Maya smirked, oh no."I know how to get Lucas to ask you to the First Summer Dance!"
"What!?" I asked. "What's with the 'what'?"she answered.
"I..I just thought that YOU really like him."
"What?" she said oddly while squinting the she lifted an eyebrow. "Why would you think that?"

Why was there something familiar about how she said that. Her reactions, you know the squint then the eyebrow raise, it looked familiar.

Maybe looking at the journal would help. I know it's sneaky, but if she can't tell me something how am I supposed to fix things? I know, I'm a fixer.

I have a plan to look at that journal that is FULL PROOF!

"OK," I said."whadaya got?"