Chapter 9: Tour of Berk

Y/n's POV

Me and Hiccup started to lean in, our lips almost touching when D/n and Toothless jumped on us, separating us. 

"Ugh, girl. What happened?" I ask, groaning at her weight on me. 

Toothless started licking Hiccup making him groan in annoyance saying "UH, bud! You know that doesn't wash out!", Toothless ignored his friend as he continued until Hiccup push him off. 

I blush furiously as I think about what was about to happen, I was just about to kiss Hiccup! I shake myself, trying to get the butterflies in my stomach to calm down. "Come one, let's go back to the village, it's get late out. I can barley see in front of me." I say. 

"Yeah, it is really dark out." Hiccup agrees, taking out his sword and lighting it. I copy him, taking out my daggers and igniting them, Toothless and D/n ready a plasma blast giving us even more light. 

We make our way back to the village and Hiccup's house where Arjun and I are both staying. We walk in silence, and I'm not gonna lie, it was kinda awkward but also kinda nice, I dunno either way it felt weird. "Thanks again for taking me here Haddock, I had a lot of fun" I say to him. 

"No problem, Y/n. I had a lot fun too." He replies 

We walk back to the village and walk into Hiccup's house, which is where Arjun and I are staying. When we walk in to see Arjun and Stoic talking. "Ah, Y/n! Your brother said you enjoy inventing and engineering?" Stoic asks 

"Yeah, I do. I actually made our weapons with a mix of gronkle iron and crystals from our cave, with Dork's help, of course. I made our flight suit too." I tell him, looking at my brother silently asking "What else did you tell him?" 

He responded silently saying "Nothing, just what we like to do, our dragons and how we got our names as the 'Swindling Riders'." 

I nod and he nods back, this conversation no one else knew of, I mean how could they? We said nothing and made almost no movements. 

"Crystals?" Hiccup asked, curiously 

"Yep, crystals. There are crystals built into our cave walls and ceiling, lighting it up. One crystal the size of an apple is able to create a decent size sword just made out of crystals, and the weapons are really light. One of our swords weighs the same as a regular dagger." Arjuna explains 

"Yeah, usually we'll use a crystal the size of a tangerine and some gronkle iron to make weapons. The combination of the two is strong enough to cleanly slice through any rock, metal or solid material." I continue 

"All our weapons are made from it." Arjuna finishes 

"Wow, that sounds amazing. How did you make the flight suit?" Stoic says 

"It was quiet hard but really interesting. First I spent days studying how D/n and Zap fly. Then I had to find material that would work as wings but would also be really light so we wouldn't plummet to our death." I explain 

"Then once I found the material, which was a simple cloth with the crystals and shedded scales of D/n woven in, I had to actually construct the flight suit. I made it and then tailored it to make it fit me. After I had to test it and then tweak it and change it so it worked the way I wanted it to. Overall, a lot  of physics and math and stuff like that." I said with a laugh. 

"Wow, that sounds like a lot of work." Stoic says with a chuckle 

"Yeah, then I had to do it again for Dork except with Zap's scales instead." I say, poking my brother. 

"Yeah and who is the healer and taught you how to cook?" He joked while I laughed 

"Because of D/n's wing, Arju and I worked on a way so she can fly and we did." I say. I then went on to explain how we did it and so on, Arjuna helping me where I didn't remember and fill in bits of information.