10. no other way

nini buried her hands in her coat pockets as she took in a heavy breath, her chest tightening as she came closer to the park.

she saw noah sitting on the park bench, on his phone and felt her heart sink but she shook it off and made her way closer to him.

noah looked up and smirked when he saw nini standing there, shuffling besides to face her.

"take a seat?" he asks

nini swallowed "what do you want?"

his smirk widened and he stood up, folding his arms "straight to the point then, got it."

she stayed where she stood, waiting for him to keep talking anxiously.

"you want this to go well, then we're going to have some-rules." he begins

"what rules?" she questions

"first: you want your friends to stay safe, then you distance yourself from them." he tells her

nini opens her mouth "what?"

"you heard me."

"two of them happen to be my siblings." she snaps, the anger rising inside of her "and i'm not staying away from them."

noah grins as he walks closer to her "rule number two, if you don't do what i say, there's going to be...consequences."

nini scoffed and shook her head "i'm not your puppet that you can play with anymore noah."

he let out an cold chuckle that caused for nini's insides to freeze as he walked closer to her.

"i own you." he says dangerously "you're nothing without me."

nina felt her throat become dry and she opened her mouth before closing it and shaking her head, forcing herself to be brave "n-no."

she turned around and started walking away before stopping dead in her tracks when she heard what he said next.

"fine, then i guess i'm going to have to tell that to danny and jake."

she stayed standing with her back facing him, already knowing that he had a smirk on his face at the knowledge of what she was feeling.

nini slowly turned back around to face him, her body trembling "w-what?"

noah pouts "you don't remember you're dear old dad and best friend?"

she folded her arms and hugged her coat closer to herself, staying at a safe distance away from him
as her eyes stung with tears fighting their way out, but she wouldn't let them. neither of them were anywhere near what he said.

"you're lying." she breathes

noah grinned mischievously as he walked closer to her and placed a hand on her shoulder, nini flinching as she froze in her spot but it only made his grip on her tighten.

"you know i don't lie." he whispers

she swallowed and looked away from him, pushing his hand off of her.

"she has a temper!" he exclaims with a sigh "you know that won't help this situation."

nini shook her head "i'm not doing it."

she turned around and tried walking away before feeling him grab ahold of her wrist tightly, making her yelp in pain as he swiftly turned her around.

"you'll do as i say, or that pretty boyfriend of yours will be no more." he growls

she winced in pain as she felt his grip on her wrist tighten with every second she didn't reply, knowing that there was no other way for her to get out of this.

not wanting to say the words, she merely nodded slowly and he let go of her hand, nini stumbling backwards as she held onto her wrist, already knowing a bruise was going to form.

and knowing that her past had come to haunt her once again.