09. a meeting

after her shift was finished, nini took in a shaky breath and removed her apron, turning around and jumping when she saw ricky there.

she brought her hand to her heart and sighed "oh my god, don't do that."

ricky kept his eyes on her and she returned his gaze, a little confused as to what he was doing.

"what happened?" he asks her, noticing her eyes red.

nini let out a small nervous laugh "w-why would you think something happened?"

"this guy came here and you seemed nervous or scared and then you disappeared for a while and ash told us you were in the bathroom. and your eyes are red so i think you've been crying. what happened?" he asks, clenching his fist.

nini shook her head "it's-nothing-"

"neens-"

"ricky i promise it's nothing for you to worry about." she assures him, stepping closer towards him.

ricky looked into her eyes and could see that something was up, but he also knew she wouldn't say anything if he pressured her.

"are you sure?" he asks

nini nodded slowly and he took a deep breath, nodding as well

"do you want me to walk home with you?" he asks her

nini shook her head, but deep down she wasn't so sure, "i'll be fine."

ricky nods as he leans in and gives her a quick kiss, the girl closing her eyes before he pulls away and gives her a small smile, leaving the café with big red while aria and jacob waited for nini.

once she got her stuff, the three siblings walked out of the café, making their way to the car as jacob drove them all home.

"okay, so since moms are going to be leaving for their little weekend," aria begins excitedly "i was thinking we could do a party!"

"a party?" nini asks

"yeah! it'll be fun!" she nods before groaning as she checked the time "i have robotics in an hour-"

"woah wait, no i need the car, i'm going on a date with maya," jacob says

nini shook her head with a small chuckle as she watched them argue about it before interrupting them "you know, j you could just drop ari off at the school before picking maya up."

jacob rolled his eyes and aria smirked as they arrived at the house and walked in, seeing their moms in the living room as they greeted them.

"dibs the shower!" aria exclaims as she rushes up the stairs

"hey wait ari!" jacob groans as he runs up after her, nini shaking her head with a smile while following them before entering her room.

she closed the door and turned on the lights, throwing her bag on the chair before her phone went off, taking it out as her smile immediately faded away.