03. another scare

at lunch, nini was seated at the usual table her and her friends would sit at, ricky with his arm around her shoulder as they all spoke about different things.

"that's not even what happened!" ricky defends

gina snorts a laugh "right,"

nini shook her head with a small smile and continued writing in her songbook as they all continued talking.

"hey guys,"

the group all looked to the right to see maya arriving with a brown-haired girl holding their food trays; everyone smiling and waving hello.

"this is elena, one of the new students," maya introduces "these are all my friends i was telling you about,"

elena smiled as she waved at them "hi,"

"nice to meet you," seb beams

elena sits down next to aria, who clears her throat subtly and quickly returns her focus to her textbook.

"wait one of the new students?" ricky asks confused

maya groans, rolling her eyes "the other kid left us mid-through the tour, he has an attitude problem."

nini shakes her head with a smile "so, where did you come from?" she asks elena as she takes a bite of her food.

"oh, denver," elena answers "i went to a music school there,"

"that's so cool," ashlyn exclaims excitedly as she takes a bite of her sandwich.

"did you have to write songs for homework?" seb asks eagerly

elena chuckles and nods "yeah, sometimes."

"that's so much better than this," carlos sighs, gesturing to his opened notebook as they all laugh and continue to eat and get to know each other before the bell rings.

"-so now i'm getting swamped with the prom committee," kourtney groans as she adjusts her backpack and continues walking with carlos, seb, maya, jacob and elena

"i wish ej would be back for prom," gina mumbles

"you miss ej already? didn't you just see him?" ricky asks confused

gina nods "yeah, but this is prom! everyone's going to have a date."

"um-i'm not!" aria adds

"me neither," big red says

"yeah but you're both going to find one," gina replies

"doubt it." aria mutters as she hugs her books closer to her chest

"you okay ari?" nini asks

aria looks up at her friends gazing back at her and she opens her mouth before nodding "yup! i'm fine-i have to go... i have mr mazzara next,"

ashlyn, ricky, big red, gina and nini all watch as she scurried off down the hall in confusion

"what's up with her?" big red asks

ashlyn bites the inside of her cheek before taking a deep breath "gina, red and i have english so, let's go,"

ricky and nini look at each other as gina shrugs her shoulders and follows ashlyn with a confused big red

"okay..." nini trails off, her mind still on what was bothering aria before feeling ricky hold her hand.

"i'm sure she's okay," he tells her

nini smiles at him and nods before feeling him give her a quick kiss on the forehead as they both make their way to music class.

when they take a turn, nini feels a pair of eyes on her and quickly turns around, seeing a figure disappear behind a door, their wrist showing the same bracelet she's seen two times now.

her heart starts racing a little and she swallows nervously before looking back in front of her.

"you okay?" ricky asks her

"y-yeah. let's go we're going to be late." she mutters, pulling him by his hand towards their class.

" she mutters, pulling him by his hand towards their class

introducing:

introducing: