Chapter 3: Ethan

I'm pulling up to the park to meet Story. When I park, I spot her standing by the entrance of the trail already snapping pictures. She's wearing some form-fitting blue jean shorts and a hot pink tank top. She has a sling bag across her chest. I'm sure her camera equipment is in. I don't get out of the car immediately; I just sit here letting my eyes roam over every inch of her beautiful brown skin. My fingers twitch to run over her exposed skin. I inhale and exhale a few times trying to calm my raging hormones. I've never felt this way about any woman before and I can't figure out why I'm feeling this way now.

Juniper has been so upset with me since the other day after we met Cam and Story for breakfast. She hated that I agreed to take Story on this hike. She wanted me to cancel with Story and if she had her way Cam and I would have stopped being friends. I thought it was all the blatant staring I was doing, but after I thought about it; I concluded it was their open relationship status more than anything. Juniper hates cheaters.

I tried telling her that was their business and we can't judge what works for them. I think that was the wrong thing to say because she has barely spoken two words to me since.

I step out of the car and stroll over toward Story who is looking down at her camera. I don't say anything as I approach. I just let my eyes rove over her without shame.

"It looks like rain," She says, still looking down at her camera. I don't even feel an ounce of shame from getting caught staring - again.

"Yea, it does, but I checked the weather app, it's not supposed to rain until later."

Even with her head down, I can still see her smile. I watch when her eyes flicker over at me. She doesn't say anything but I know she knows I'm still watching her, just like she knew the other day.

"Are you ready, Ethan?"

"Yes. I'm ready when you are," I answer moving closer.

We start off down the trail. We are quiet for a while. She has been so caught up in snapping pictures.

"So where are you going after you leave here?" I ask her.

"Australia."

"In a month how often are you gone?"

She looks over at me. "Maybe three weeks out of every month." When she turns again my eyes flicker down to her ass, and it's a great one. I lick my lips envisioning myself squeezing it.

"That's a lot; do you have family?" I run my hands through my hair.

"Yes, I have both parents and a sister." She turns and holds the camera up to me and snaps a picture.

"Is taking pictures what you always wanted to do?"

"Yes." Her smile brightens. "My dad gave me one of his old cameras when I was like seven and I've been taking pictures ever since." Her face lights up at her words as if she is seeing that day playback in front of her eyes.

We walk a little future; every once in a while she stops and takes a few pictures. We walk for about an hour until we come to a clearing with a ledge. We walk over to see a small lake underneath us.

She snaps a few pictures "I wonder how you get down there?"

"Follow me," I tell her. "When I was younger, a few of my classmates and I used to come here and swim. Never, Cam, he has always hated anything outdoorsy." We both chuckle.

She follows me without hesitation. When we get to the bottom, Story sits her bag down and her camera on top of the bag. She raises her legs and pulls off her trainer. She's not wearing any socks, and I notice how small her feet are.