19

November was almost done and it was almost December. This was going to be my first Christmas as a married woman. I had been getting a lot of orders and clients. Apparently, a lot of weddings happen during the Christmas season. After that very night, Kaz and I had our pictures all over the net and some newspapers. We were hounded by the press until Kaz did an interview with a reporter and talked about our marriage without giving much detail, saying he wanted to keep our married life away from prying eyes, which seemed like a very good excuse to them. But even then, I had a few people following me every now and then, which I tell you was very uncomfortable. I was constantly in the eyes of the public and I hated it. But Kaz knew how to take it off my mind. He didn't ask me for an answer after that night so I pretended it didn't happen. I knew that he expected me to reject him but then, I didn't want to. My husband told me that he liked me and this was a shot at a real marriage. I told my friends and they encouraged me, advising me to give him a chance since we were already married. I had ended my sexual relationship ever since Kazeem and I became cool and I have decided to give Kaz a chance. I hadn't told him yet cos, well I don't know why.

The cold air seeped into my skin and I quickly turned off the AC. I stood up from my chair and walked to the kitchen. I opened my oven, taking a skewer stick to check my cake. I wore my gloves and carried the pans out of the oven. It was for a wedding in two days.

"Blessing" I called out as I switched off the oven. The girl ran into the kitchen and looked at me "call Tope let's carry these cakes to the production room"

She quickly disappeared and came back with the said girl and we carried the cakes. I turned out the cakes from the pan and headed back to my kitchen. I took out the cupcakes from the second oven and headed back to the production room, placing them on the table and leaving it to cool. I walked back to my office to see Kaz, sitting on my chair, with his legs on my table.

"Good to know you're comfortable" I gave a sarcastic smile and he laughed

"Your chair is soft and comfy" he replied, swivelling my chair around. I rolled my eyes and sat down on the couch, patting the space beside me. He stood up and walked towards me, then occupied the space. I placed my head on his shoulder as we leaned back on the couch.

"Did you finish early? Cos it's just three" I asked him as I closed my eyes, breathing in the unmistakable scent of his perfume, Hugo Boss.

"Kinda. We're hanging out with the guys. Your scary friend called me and forced me to invite them over. That girl is scary" he shuddered and I laughed, knowing who he was talking about. Tee threatened him recently concerning me and he's found her scary since then.

"What time are they coming?" I asked

"Six. My friends are coming too. That okay?" He asked and I hummed

I need to finish up these cupcakes if I have to do what I want to do.

"You people don't know this girl oo. She's very rude" Tee shook her head and sipped her wine

They were arguing about me. Bobby said I was a sweetheart and boom, just like that, an argument started.

"I agree. I was once on the receiving end" Kaz added. I glared at him and he smiled and raised his hands "but I'm not lying"

"I hate you people" I grumbled

"Aunty stop lying jhoor. You don't" Ogoo smirked at me

"I'm tempted to give your shirt a permanent stain" I raised my glass towards him and he glared at me

"Try your life" he replied, narrowing his eyes at me

"Abeg abeg abeg, you people should stop your love play. Aunty's husband is beside her and Ogoo ya girlfriend is in ya house" Doyin rolled her eyes