14 - the Real Questions

"Are you sure?"

Your relationship with Hawkins had been going on for a few weeks. Of course, your friends did know and were extremely happy for the both of you. Although there was just one thing, they hadn't met him properly and wanted to do so.

"I don't see why not."

Hawkins had come to pick you up after you had mentioned that Nami and her boyfriend along with Robin and her Fiancée wanted to meet up with the two of you. Robin had actually met Hawkins before, but it was more of a quick wave here and there. Nothing much.

"Well okay!"

Often, it was either you would go to his for a while or he would come to yours. But the past couple of nights you were so caught up in doing little things here and there that you hadn't seen him. It was actually nice to have plans and to go out with him, along with yours friends.

As usual, he rested his hand on your leg. He had taken to doing that while driving, probably as you enjoyed having his touch whenever you could. The man knew how to take care of you and you loved it.

"I don't think I've properly met Nami's boyfriend, believe it or not."

You mused to yourself, glancing out of the window.

The whole time, you were still surprised Hawkins agreed. Like those who knew him said, he was pretty quiet, reserved and most definitely kept to his own business.

"Is that a good thing?"

He hummed, brushing his thumb over your exposed leg.

You were wearing quite the short dress, purple and silken. Hawkins had gone with the usual pinstriped trousers and open dress shirt. You loved that shirt on him, it just seemed to fit perfectly yet also flowed where it needed to.

"I dunno,"

You shrugged.

"He's apparently a bit iffy here and there but I'm sure he isn't as bad as my mind paints him to be."

That got a laugh from him.

Sanji was apparently quite good at obsessing over other women, much to Nami's discomfort. Although you couldn't blame him, cash money was her second love.

"What about the other man?"

"Oh Franky? Well,"

The buildings wizzed by as you came closer to the destination. Nami had chosen a rather nice bar which doubled up as a restaurant, something a little fancier than what you were used to considering you liked rustic cafes but you had no complaints. Beggars couldn't be choosers.

"He's a little loud sometimes but he's pretty cool. After he fixed my window, I don't think I can say anything bad."

"Ah, the window."

Laughing, you slid down into your seat a little.

Your eyes travelled to where Hawkins' pale hand was brushing your leg, eyeing the small rings he wore. Sometimes, he liked to wear them and damn did he look good doing so. It was no fetish, but boy did he have good hands.

"We're here."

Soon enough, Hawkins pulled into probably one of the only spaces he could find. His car was by no means small, so it was a good thing this space had enough room. You weren't surprised at the amount of vehicles, this part of town was one of the more popular areas for nightlife. Though, it was just ticking closer to late evening.

"Hey guys!"

Hand in hand, you and Hawkins walked into the bar. From the corner of the room, Nami was happily waving her hand in your direction. Next to her was her boyfriend, Sanji, cigarette pressed between his lips as he offered you a small smile. Beside them, Franky and Robin had paused mid conversation to greet the two of you. You grinned back, Hawkins just curtly nodding in the direction of the group as you both drew closer.