06 - Friends Are Teases

Nami - Coming shopping?

Dragging yourself out of bed, you had turned on your phone to see one text from Nami.

As much as you wanted to spend your weekend lounging about from the comfort of your own home, you weren't going to get out of this one easily. Shopping with the redhead wasn't exactly fun... For you. Nami was very frugal with money living wise, but liked to spend a good arm and a leg on clothes.

She also liked to drag you around these places without exception.

You settled for a quick breakfast of anything which you could throw together and had the fastest shower known to mankind. Apparently Robin, Luffy and Usopp were going to come along too. That was nice to hear as you knew there would be other people dealing with Nami's fast-spending antics.

Sharing the pain, so to say.

The day wasn't exactly warm nor was it cold, so you slipped on a pair of jeans and a graphic t-shirt; a light jacket on top incase it got a little cold. With that, you only needed a small shoulder bag and trainers. It wasn't like you were working nor going on a meal out, so it was good enough for what you needed to get done.

By the time that you had finished, you locked up the living room door and made it down the stairs. It was still a little early so the shops around you weren't open, not a lot of people were around because of it.

After having locked the front door as well, you heard the sound of a car pulling up, which made you instinctively turn around.

"(Y/n)!"

Nami was leaning out of the front of the car, waving vigorously in your direction. The car was most definitely not hers, truck even, the back filled with all kinds of plants. She had briefly mentioned that Usopp was a botanist, so it was safe to assume it was his.

"Hey!"

One of the back doors opened and you were met with Luffy's bright smile. He shuffled over in order for you to fit, Robin on the other side of him. She must've gotten out of the house earlier than you, as you didn't see her leave.

"How is everyone today?"

Buckling yourself up, you gave a smile to Usopp who caught your eyes through the rear view window. Though, the ginger haired girl cut in excitedly.

"Good, actually. Great even!"

Of course Nami was.

She was practically bouncing off the walls at the concept of going shopping, despite having done so one-million times before. Though, you didn't really know why she needed more clothes when she already had practically everything available on the market. She didn't even live in a big place, yet used one of the biggest rooms in her and her boyfriend's flat as a walk in wardrobe.

"So how's work?"

Everyone piled out of the car and Usopp struck conversation with you and Robin while Nami and Luffy went ahead.

"It's going well. (Y/n) actually started working at my shop."

The tanned man nodded approvingly, crossing his arms over at the front.

"That's cool! I'm sure Robin is working you hard."

Giggling, you nodded.

"Sure is."

You liked Usopp.

He was a nice guy and definitely more relaxed than Luffy. Although you had only seen the bouncy man a handful of times before, you already got an impression of how much work Luffy was. He was great fun, nonetheless.