side story 2

10,000 B.C

The world was silent. The sounds of only birds and local wildlife made noise. Bright green for the grass and dark grey for the rocks. The sky was a dark grey on this day. A group of deer was leaping through the forest. Men in fur clothing that covered half their chest and lower half. It was 10 men, six children and eight women. The tribe was moving as one. One of the men threw a spear as hard as he could. It impaled through the neck. The creature fell over. The rest of the group kept running. One of the cavemen leaped over a log and stabbed a deer through the back. Another threw another spear and hit another deers ankle. Another woman chased over before catching up to the deer taking a break and bashed it's head in. its blood splattered all over her and the rocks around. The tribe were teaching the children how to hunt. These humans were very agile. All the children had killed a surrounding animal such as a squirrel, monkey, deer, racoon. Only one child didn't. He had bright golden eyes, a long yet curlyish spiked hair. The boy ran as fast as he could before tripping. This mission was to capture a squirrel for food. The boy planted his head into the grass as his animal had gotten away. Their mission for food was over. Everyone has caught something but the boy. The more built men carried the deer and the women carried the smaller creatures on their back. They made it back to the cave. The father of the boy began to yell at his son for failing. He cost the small tribe less food. The boy was about to be punished. During the night he would have to stay outside with a beaten up ankle with a large rock tied with vines around his leg. If an animal were to come and kill him, the tribe wouldn't care. The sky was dark. Night had hit. Wild creatures were making noises. The sound of wolves and foxes howled. The young saw a butterfly due to the moon's light shining at the right angle to see it. He began to chase it down. Suddenly the outline of a creature entered his vision. The moon highlighted a wolf that was in the area. A pack followed behind. The boy got scared. His father had hit his ankles to the point where they were nearly broken. The boy screamed as he began to attempt to run. The wolves chased after. The rock that was tied dragged along the ground and rubbed all the sticks in the area. The boy was two slow. The dogs nearly bit him but the boy moved side to side. With the rock continuing to rub on the same stick back and forth. The boy fell to the ground. The large wolf stepped in front of him and opened its mouth. The boy attempted to kick the wolf with his bad foot. The rock rubbed against the twig once more, creating a spark. Suddenly a reddish orange gas released into the air. A wave of heat pulsed throughout the area. The gas covered the sticks as they began to darken and break apart. The wolves barked at the fire that started. One of the wolves was curious and poked its head into the flames before burning and barking. The wolf's fur caught fire. It jumped around before falling over and dying. The pack began to run away leaving the boy in front of the flames. The boy stood up and looked at the fire spread. The fire raised hire into the sky. The bright colors attracted the attention of the tribe. They began to crawl out the cave and walk towards the fire. The boy attempted to put his hand in it before the heat burned his hand. His instincts told him not to do it. The boy stood back and watched the bright colors. The other children surrounded the fire along with the adults. They all walked around to inspect it. They had never seen such bright colors before. The boy discovered fire. His eyes were brightened in the night. His eyes were fully yellow unlike the other humans that had blue, brown and green eyes. The boy smiled. An emotion filled him that only the other members of the tribe felt. The feeling of happiness. He did something no one else did. He started a fire. He found something and was the first at it. He believed he was the best. He knew he wasn't dumb and stupid after all. He knew he could become something. He wanted to show the rest what he could do. He knew he was special. He was tired of failing and being treated wrong. From that moment. He smiled in joy. Not from what he discovered anymore but what he was going to do next. He knew he couldn't do much if the others were around. They would hold him back. But he wouldn't let that happen. The boy was happy. With the feeling of anger and judging the tribe, to the happiness that he did something. He was about to show the world and his tribe. His Wrath.