(Quick A/N, I am not great at fight scenes so please bare with me)

The fight between Luffy and the captain was coming to a close end. Although, not the ending that you would have preferred, because Luffy, was loosing. He had used up too much of his energy during the beginning of the fight, and now was on the verge of collapse. Meanwhile the captain was standing tall, about to finish of the young boy. "I think I've made my point. Weaklings like you, have no place picking fights with whoever you meet. You and your crew, will burn along with this pathetic village. The least I can do, is put you out of your misery, so you won't feel a thing." The captain reels back his his fist, that was already covered in Luffy's blood, and readied himself for the final strike.

"NOOO!" Someone yelled just as the captain's fist was but inches from his face. He turned to see you, a look of fury gracing your features. Before the captain could think, the ground below him began to shift. He looked down to see the roots shooting it from the hard ground, and wrapping around him. "I won't let you hurt him any further." You growled as you tightened the roots around the captain. You wouldn't kill him, you weren't like him or the rest of those pirates. But you sure would knock him senseless! With a mighty yell you charged forwards vines wrapped around your hands, with spiky thorns for an extra kick. You jumped up and and decked him square in the face. You held back a pained wince, you had never struck anyone before, and the captain's hard jaw was not kind to your fragile knuckles.

But you weren't the only one in pain. The captain hissed out in pain. "Why you-!" The captain freed one of his arms and grabbed you by your hair. A cheap move. "Augh!" Though it was painful, you kicked him as hard as you could, making him let you go. "Damn woman! Where was this action before!?" He spat. That was a good question, just where did this new found bravery come from?

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

As you were making your way back to the battle, a figure from the corner of your eye caught your attention. You stopped abruptly and focus on the figure. Could it be... "Papa!?" You gasp before running over. The sight of your father's condition, bloodied and beaten. With a groan he slowly opened his eyes. "...Y-Y/n? Is that you?" You gently hold his head up on your lap. "Yes papa, it's me. What happened to you?" You asked, moving a stray lock of hair from his face. "The pirates...they ambushed me while I was searching for the others...I just glad...you are safe." His voice sounded wheezy. "Oh, who cares about me right now? You're injured! There's a doctor near the end of the village, he'll help you." You gathered all of your strength to lift him. "No Y/n. You must get to safety...I don't want you harmed." Your father tried stopping you. "Please father, I can't loose you as well. I'm already without a mother, I can't be without a father too." You started walking. "And papa, the doctor I'm taking you to. He is a pirate, but he's good."

"There are no good pirates." You father hissed out, in both pain, and anger. "Just trust me father. I'll explain everything later ok?" Your father went silent for a moment. "Since when did you get so independent?" He asked. You look at him confused. "Ever since you left...I can tell, even though it was shirt, you've grown to be very strong willed." You turn your attention back to the trail in front of you. "I'm not though. I'm not independent or brave or strong. I have friends in this village, though they hate me now, I still care for them. But I couldn't save them. And just look at you, if I were stronger I could have done something to stop these pirates."

"I wouldn't say that, Y/n. Though you don't see it now, you are strong. Strong in your own way." You continued walking in silence, pondering what he meant. Just before you got to Luffy's crew, you asked your father. "Do you think I could at least save one person?"

"Y/n, you can do anything if you truly pour your heart and soul into it. Just like your mother, she was the bravest woman I knew. She could have been the village's very first huntress. And all because she believed in her own strength. And if you're anything like her, and you are, you will too."

You smiled softly. "Thank you father. I'll make sure to put your words to good use."