Chapter 2: A Hard Day's Night

Here is the second chapter! Yayyy! I actually decided to publish these both at the same time so there was more to reach, so I really hope you enjoy this and be sure to check out my other stories!
This chapter is little longer than the prologue.Much love, and happy readings.

I woke up to the sound of a beeping alarm and got out of bed with a huff. Today was the day. I quickly got dressed and did my hair nicely. First impressions were everything. My mom used to say that. Although technically this is my second impression for most of the people there, I didn't talk to many last night though.

I raced down the stairs and went to check on my mother. She was still asleep. I decided I wouldn't wake her until it was time for me to go. I made my self some toast and had some fresh fruit. It was quite a healthy breakfast. I always ate healthy foods ever since I could eat. My mom always hoped it would keep my healthier when I wasn't.

I finished my meal and it was about time to go, I decided it would be better to be early rather than late. I quickly went to wake my mother so she wouldn't worry, although she probably wouldn't remember.

"Good morning mom, I'm going to work. Be safe." I said while kissing her forehead. She just grumbled and went back to bed. She hadn't been lucid in 4 months and Meredith was worried when she wasn't there to take care of her.

Meredith rushed into her car and made her way to the hospital. She rushed inside and made her way to OR one where they were asked to meet. I walked in and most of the many other interns were already there. Soon Everybody was there and Richard walked in.

"Each of you comes here today hopeful, wanting in on the game. A month ago, you were in med school being taught by doctors. Today... you are the doctors. The seven years you spend here as a surgical resident will be the best and worst of your life. You will be pushed to the breaking point. Look around you. Say hello to your competition. Eight of you will switch to an easier specialty. Five will crack under the pressure. Two of you will be asked to leave. This is your starting line. This is your arena. How well you play, that's up to you." Richard stated to our new intern class of this year. They all looked like helpless puppy's earning to learn. I on the other hand was 100% confident. I've spent my whole life around this crap and I was ready to conquer everyone there.

All the other interns left and made there way to the locker room, we all were huddled in the large group. The locker room was spread out. I picked a locker in the top row when I noticed a familiar Asian I had seen sucking up to The Cardio attending Dr.Burke.

"Only 7 women out of 38." I randomly said out.

"Yeah and I heard one of them's a model. Like that's gonna help with the respect thing." The Asian replied.
"Meredith right?" She added. I nodded with a smile.
"I'm Cristina Yang." She said while putting out her hand. I accepted it kindly.

"Which Resident are you assigned too? I got Bailey." I replied after out interaction.

"The Nazi? Yeah, Me too." She replied. Nazi. Never heard of that nickname, seemed badass yet terrifying.

"You guys have the Nazi? At least we will be tortured together right? I'm George O'Malley, uh, I saw you at the mixer, you had a black dress with a slit up the side, strappy sandals..." The Intern I now knew as George. He was the man from the mixer that wouldn't stop staring at me. Cristina and I just exchanged weird glances, she was smirking.
"Oh god, now you think I'm gay." George said out. We both laughed out and walked towards the front of the locker room.

"O'Malley, Yang, Grey, Stevens, Karev. Your with Bailey." He said pointing towards the end of the hallway. Meredith noticed Alex Karev from the night before and smiled at him. He smiled back.