Chapter 16: Greetings

My Heart will go on- Celine Dion

BESTIES GUESS WHAT! GREYS ABC JUST OFFICIALLY RENEWED FOR A SEASON 18!!!! IM SO EXITED I RAN AROUND MY HOUSE SCREAMING, bc I'm just extra like that 🙄 ANYWAYS YAYYYYYAYAYAY

(When you think of this song you probably think of Titanic, but my grandma 'who is French' loves Celine and I grew up with this song before watching that movie so I thought it might do well)

Enjoy this chap, music is optional, I hope y'all enjoy! Much love and happy readings!

I woke with a different feeling. It felt as if my body was constricting on its self. I felt as if my body was compressing down from within. It was early, very early, and I have chemo treatment to experience for most of the early day.

I decided it would be nice to finally take a shower, it had been a couple days. I nudged myself to the edge of my bed and swung my legs over, as I moved quickly I felt the air get caught up in my throat and had to cough violently to allow the flow to reach my lungs swiftly once again.

I left out a deep sigh before flopping down into the wheelchair at my side. I knew I couldn't shower alone, I can't even stand so how was I supposed to clean myself? But who was I going to ask for help.

There were a few options, of course Bailey could, but shes my boss. I feel as if that might be slightly awkward. There was Mark, but I felt as if that was a little far to push. I had feelings for Mark. He made me feel loved when I couldn't feel any other emotions. But I still didn't think I was ready for him to see my nude body. So really the only other options were Cristina and Izzie.

I rolled out to the doorway and searched for any nurse around, the new shift of nurses should be starting soon.

"Meredith? What are you doing out of bed!" Nurse Debbie exclaimed while coming up to my side.

"Can you page Dr. Yang and Dr. Stevens." I questioned.

"Of course, just get back to your bed." She replied while ushering my back into the room. I rolled next to the bathroom door and began to wheel back and forth impatiently on the small rosters until my two friends came in.

"Hey Mer? What's up," Cristina said while walking over to me as I rolled back and forth.

"Can you guys help me?" I motioned towards the bathroom door. Cristina raised a confused eyebrow.
"...Shower?" I questioned slightly embarrassed.  It was morally degrading have ing to ask my best friends for help, but it had to be done.
"I just- I can't do it myself so I need your help. I wouldn't ask but I am asking-" I began to ramble slightly.

"It's fine. We don't mind." Izzie smiled while pushing the door open. I sighed and wheeling myself into the large private bathroom. It had all the essentials as a master bathroom at a household. I stripped down while facing away from them, I was left in only my bra and underwear as I wheeled closer to the shower curtain, I had to put plastic wrap around my IV's and take out my catheter, which I would have to put back in after.

"Okay, let's get you in." Cristina said while walking over to my side after I had taken out my own catheter, it wasn't hard, I just had to slip it out of my urethra. Cristin put her bunds under my underarm and lifted me into the shower seat. It wasn't hard to lift my frail body, you could practically see my ribs pointing out of my stomach like little jagged mountains. If I didn't have cancer most would think I have a problem.

Izzie and Cristina sat in silence as they helped me situate in the shower. They helped to scrub my hair as I lay limp against the wall. I couldn't move my right arm and my left arm wouldn't get close to lifting above my head.