The Story Behind that One Line in 83

Eddie helped her slide down so her feet hit the floor and Mariana laughed breathlessly, her fingers uncurling from where she had a death grip on his shoulders. He buried his face in the crook of her neck, his lips finding that one pulse point that made her gasp as her knees buckled.

"You sly bastard," she panted, leaning her head against the wall to give him better access.

"Hmm?" he hummed against her neck.

"You withheld sex the past six days because you wanted to fulfill your dirty fantasy of fucking me in the firehouse. Don't lie."

"Well it worked, didn't it?"

"Horny bastard," she bit out as he finally raised his head, smirking at the mark that now rested on her collarbone. She rolled her eyes at the pleased look on his face but bit her lip in an attempt to hide the grin that threatened to spread across her lips. He loved marking her up especially in places that weren't visible when she was in her uniform or scrubs.

But when she was changing before and after work, the hickeys on her skin were a clear warning to any guy that looked at her.

"Put your dick back in your pants, Diaz."

"Put your pants back on, Diaz," he mocked, leaning down to grab her pants that he had thrown off to the side.

"You're going to be the death of me one day," she grumbled, sliding the nomex pants on.

"Hey, just tell me when we're going and I'll be right there with you."

Mariana let out a frustrated huff. "Don't do that. Don't be all cute and sappy after you just fucked my brains out."

His hand slid along her cheek and he tilted her chin up, capturing her lips in a sweet kiss. Mariana melted back against the wall, her arms sliding around his neck and drawing him closer to her. Eddie grinned against his wife's lips and she pulled away with a frustrated groan, laying her head back against the wall.

"Impossible," she muttered. "It's like you never got past being a teenage boy."

"I can't help it that my wife is really hot."

She rolled her eyes and pulled away from him. "I need to go take another shower thanks to you."

"Need help?"

Her eyes narrowed as she glared at him. His eyes locked on her backside as she went to grab a fresh towel and her toiletries bag. Turning back to look at him, Mariana shot him an innocent look.

"Well, are you coming?"

And of course right when he got her shirt off, the bell rang. Mariana swore a blue streak and bolted up from the bench, throwing her pants next to the button down shirt he had so neatly dropped onto the floor. The couple had their turnout gear on by the time the rest of the team rushed downstairs from the bunks.

"C'mon slow pokes!" Mariana called as she climbed into the driver's seat. Bobby slid into the passenger seat and regarded her with a curious look.

"How did you and Eddie get down here so fast?"

"Nightmare," she lied. "He was helping me through it."

"Ah. You married a good man."

"Oh yeah," she drawled out, glaring at the man in the backseat who avoided her gaze by studying the panels above him. "An absolute angel."

A/N: lmao I was so cautious to post this I honestly am so on the fence

Mari's main story might be over but I have a few snippets and idea still roaming around