Panic

A/N: uploading this from my phone at work so if the formatting is weird sorry lol SPOILERS FOR LAST NIGHTS EPISODE

"Well, don't you look handsome," Mariana hummed as she smoothed down the shoulders of the jacket. Eddie smirked at his wife's compliment and straightened the lapels.

"Do we really have to do a christening?" he asked.

"I think your abuela might kill us if we don't christen Hope. We already waited a year and that's pushing it for her." Mariana held her daughter on her hip and pointed at Eddie to catch Hope's attention.

"Doesn't daddy look so handsome, Hope?" The toddler babbled out a few words. "Dada" and "DeeDee" stood out the most. Mariana laughed at her daughter's solemn words and waved Diego over.

"Someone wants her DeeDee," she explained as Diego easily accepted his little sister into his arms.

"You really love getting me dressed up, don't you?" Eddie teased as his hands encircled her waist.

Mariana looked her husband up and down and nodded approvingly before pressing a kiss to his cheek. "I think I'd like that suit better on the floor of our bedroom. Now, I'm going to go look at ties and see which one will match the color of the hickey you left on my thigh." She nibbled on the shell of his ear and then pulled away with a smirk plastered on her lips. The brunette winked and then turned to approach the sales associate to discuss tie colors.

Eddie rubbed a hand across his mouth and blinked as his mind processed her words. He really was a lucky man and she would be the death of him. She glanced back at him, a gentler smile playing on her lips as he watched her.

Mariana thanked the sales associate as he showed her the tie selection. Diego peeked over the edge of the glass and she chuckled, holding up the tie for him.

"How's this?" she asked.

"Uncle Eddie doesn't like patterns," he replied sagely.

"Well, dang, okay." She wasn't going to argue with Diego on that one. The boys were an unstoppable force together and they all clung to Eddie's words.
She raised her head to see Christopher talking with Eddie and had to stifle the urge to aww. Her son was growing up so quickly that they had to buy him a new suit for the christening.

"Why don't we see what mom thinks?" the associate asked. Mariana grabbed a tie that would compliment Eddie's shirt nicely and began to walk over to join them when a loud cracking noise fired off outside of the store. She immediately turned to look, finding a man apologizing as he picked up the metal basket he had been carrying.

It was just an accident.

Mariana pressed on, passing the tie she picked out to Eddie and he gratefully raised it with an odd look on his face. She kneeled down in front of Chris to adjust the lapels on the suit and frowned. He looked frustrated with the whole process and she figured that they could be done for the day.

"You look handsome, but I think navy suits you better. Hmmm? Why don't you go and get changed out of this and back into your clothes?"

"Yeah. Thank you mom."

"Of course, sweetheart."

And then Mariana looked up to find her ashen-faced husband collapse onto the ground.

Years of medical training flooded through her mind and she shot up like a rocket, appearing next to him in seconds. Mariana grabbed his wrist and kept a steady check on his pulse while her other hand rested on his cheek. It looked like he was struggling to breathe and his wide brown eyes locked onto hers.

"I need someone to call 911," she ordered. "Christopher, get dressed. Diego, take Hope and go stand by the dressing room with Chris."

She pushed back Eddie's hair from his sweaty forehead. "You're okay. You're okay, Eds. Keep your eyes on me."