An Innocent Question

Eighteen month old Hope shrieked and giggled in delight as her Uncle Buck scooped her up and swung her around like she was an airplane. Uncle Travis laughed at his fiance's actions before turning his focus back to two year old Eva who was coloring a picture in his lap. They were giving the parents a quick break from the rambunctious toddlers. Mariana and Maddie chatted with Athena, Hen, and Karen about house remodels while the men were trying and failing miserably to cook even with the help of Bobby.

"Hey mom?" Christopher asked, looking up from his homework. "How did you and dad meet?"

Mariana couldn't even hide the pained expression on her face at the innocent question which, of course, Buck immediately caught. He grinned mischievously and swung Hope up and into his arms, aiming the wide brown eyes at her mother.

"Yeah, Mari, where'd you and Eddie meet?"

"Huh," Chimney mused. "You never told us."

"Didn't you two meet during an emergency?" Bobby asked. "I remember you saying something about an artery."

Mariana nodded hurriedly with Bobby's words. "Yep, yeah, we were at the grocery store and this guy pulled a knife on a cashier and we worked together to save him."

"Liar," Travis called.

"Traitor!" Mari hissed.

"They met at the club! We dragged Mari to Swerve and Eddie asked her to dance. You would have thought they were in the process of making Hope on the dance floor. Seriously, the tension was so thick I almost left just so they could have some privacy."

A quiet "oh my god" escaped Mariana's mouth as Eddie flushed a bright red. Bobby shot his son in law a scandalized look as Buck, Chimney, and Hen descended into laughter.

"What?" Eddie defended weakly. "She's really hot. I wasn't going to just stand there."

"Yeah, we know," Chimney chuckled. "Buck's holding the evidence of your thoughts there, buddy."

Mari held her arms out towards Buck and he swooped down, depositing Hope in her arms. The brunette curled her arms around her daughter as Hope snuggled up against her mom.

"You've lost uncle privileges for the next hour," Mari threatened as she covered Hope's ears. "You rat bastard."

Buck was laughing too hard to retort with something witty. He needed to go kiss his fiance and demand to hear everything about Mariana and Eddie's first official meeting.

A/N: so after monday i need some JOY and LOVE in my heart. if u want to see me scream about weekly eps, find me on tumblr at athena-grants