Exit wounds

"Look it's been three hours maybe this thing doesn't work underground

"Look it's been three hours maybe this thing doesn't work underground." Murphy said as he and Thea sat in a cave in front of a fire.

Thea was holding a torch above his shock collar and said, "It's possible, but shut up so I can think."

Murphy smirked and said ,"I guess caves are kind of our thing huh? Our first run in with acid fog, now-"

Thea cut Murphy off saying, "Shut up John and sit still."

Thea then picked up a knife when Murphy saw that he said, "Woah, whoa. No, no, no, no bad, bad idea."

"I said stop moving if I can get into the access panel I can shut this thing off." Thea said

Murphy reluctantly nodded as Thea moved the knife closer to the collar but as soon as she touched it Murphy got shocked and Thea got knocked back.

Murphy groaned and said, "So much for Chief Engineer huh?"

Thea rolled her eyes, "I gave that job to Raven."

"Look..." Murphy stood up, "She's gonna be okay at least we know she's alive. It's honestly more than we can say for the others. What?"

"Nothing." Thea said as she stood up, "I can do this, I can get this off you my tools won't work I need some..."

"Some what?" Murphy asked

"Gloves, my gloves are still in the pod." Thea said

Murphy gave Thea a look and said, "Great so only one of us needs to get electrocuted, awesome plan."

Thea picked her bag up from the ground, "Come on we're going to the rocket."

"Slow down ok? If we go outside and the signal comes back online they'll find us." Murphy said

Thea shook her head, "Nope, they'll find you."

"Right, so we better move fast." Murphy said as they ran out of the cave.

. . . . . .

Thea and Murphy climbed into the rocket and Thea pulled her gloves out of one of the compartments, "All right here we go. Hold still."  Thea looked up at Murphy, "Don't give me that look."