The Queen's Gambit

Thea walked into the room she shared with Murphy in the palace, she walked over to him and kissed him on the forehead and said, "Rise and Shine Mr Murphy

Thea walked into the room she shared with Murphy in the palace, she walked over to him and kissed him on the forehead and said, "Rise and Shine Mr Murphy. The Dark Commander needs his breakfast."

Murphy groaned as Thea walked over to the dressing table, "No one else is allowed to talk to him, and if you wait too long someone might. Last thing we need is for him to get into someone else's head."

Murphy sat up saying, "Fine I'm going. I should've gone with Indra though. She got to go looking for our friends while we're here babysitting the fanatics."

Thea turned around and said, "Indra left us in charge because the Faithful follow us both."

Murphy stood up from the bed and walked over to her and kissed her on the head, "Good morning Mrs Murphy. You're not worried about our friends?"

"Well, our friends can take care of themselves you and I both know that." Thea then stood up from the table and walked over to the window where her coat was, "I need to get back to work."

Murphy sighed as he picked up a shirt saying, "Well you're clearly not worried about the missing guns or you and Emori wouldn't still be planning this little party of yours."

"It's not a party." Thea said as she turned around and saw Murphy right in front of her, "It's a...reunification ceremony. Kaylee's dream of unifying the Children of Gabriel with their families it's the key to real peace, and I'm worried you'll be late for it."

"Me? No. Now way this is your deal, Kaylee Prime. And if I could I would be talking you and Emori out of this." Murphy said

Thea took his hands and said, "Look, Daniel supported it too. I need you there for the people that favour him. The road out of hell is paved with good deeds, John...You are not going to hell."

Murphy paused for a second before he said, "Fine. I will be there right after I bring Sheidheda his pound of flesh."

Thea smiled, "And there is the man I married."

Thea then walked over to the door and Murphy said, "You like this. Being the queen of the castle, being worshipped."

Thea shook her head, "Don't be ridiculous. Besides you've worshipped me for years." Thea smiled as she walked out of the room.