Starting Where We Left Off

"Well, what if I loved you back? And still love you unconditionally to this day."

   I turned around shocked at his statement. He loved me back all this time. And he still loves me. He opens out his arms signalling me to hug him, so I do. I fall into his arms and cry. These aren't the normal tears I've been shedding for five years straight, these are tears of happiness and relief. He rubs my back, rocking me side to side and I couldn't ask for a better moment with him. I know I let him off easy, but hell, love isn't always lost.

   I look up into his eyes and he says, "You hungry sweetheart?"

LEAVING ~Places random restaurant name here~ ***DIGGY'S POV***

   "And remember when we went to the beach and kicked everybody's sand castle?" Selena says as we talk about our childhood memories. "I wonder if were still banned.." I add. We laugh and she looks down at her hands. I decide this is the perfect time to give her her bracelet back. When the incident happened and she ran out of my house, it slipped from her wrist and I never got a chance to give it back. I grab her hand and she looks into my eyes revealing her hazel hypnotizing eyes that I was always jealous of. I smile and slide the bracelet onto her wrist. She looks at it and gasps lightly in excitement. She rushes into my arms and says, "Thank you, thank you, thank you." I gave her the bracelet in the tenth grade on homecoming. I remember her gold dress showing off curves I never noticed before. I wanted to go to the dance so bad with her, but she went with another boy because I went with a cheerleader. I really didn't pay attention to my date, I was focused on Selena the whole entire time.

   "I thought I lost it forever." She says breaking my flashback. I smile as we walk across the beach, looking at the sunset and the soft ripples from the waves moving closer and closer to us. I decide now is the time to tell her how I feel completely. I grab her waist, making her face me and say, "I need to get this off my chest." "What?" She asks completely unaware of what I mean. "I just want you to know that I love you and don't want anyone else but you, All those girls that I dated in high school didn't come close to how I felt about you. I only dated them, hoping to take my mind off of you. I wanted to call you mine ever since we first met, but I never had the guts to do it, I always thought you were too good for me. But now, I have to tell you. Selena I want you to be my one and only. I want to come home from work and expect to see you waiting for me. I want to make love to you and have as many kids as you want. Last but not least, I want you to be Selena Simmons."

   She rushes into my arms and I feel her warm tears stroll down my neck. "Sweetie, don't cry, I don't ever want to make you cry again." I say. She looks me in my eyes and I lean in, and she does the same. Our lips crash together and move in perfect sync, almost like we were made for each other. I wrap my arms around her waist enhancing the kiss. She doesn't know how long I've waited for this moment. We pull away slowly and I bite her lip. I wipe her tears and I guess she's speechless. Damn, I kiss that good?

   "Daniel, I love you too, and want to spend the rest of my life with you as Mrs. Simmons. I can't picture myself as anything else. I forgive you." She says. I kiss her once again and we pull away, walking back to the car, hand-in-hand. "What does this make us?" She asks as we get in the car and I pull onto the road, heading back to her house. "Well, If you're willing to move back to New York with me, we can be a couple." I say. She looks at me confused and says, "New York? I don't know..." "Come on sweetheart. I know you'd love New York." I add trying to make it more tempting for her. "What about my house? And my job? And my friends? I can't leave that all behind so soon." She says looking out the window. I sigh and say, "You wouldn't have to worry about a job. I'll let you come visit every now and then to see Daisha if you want. I'll do anything to make this work." I pull up to her house and she looks at me and says, "Will you stay?" "Sorry sweetie, I can't. I have business to take care of in the morning. "Please?" She says moving onto my lap straddling me (When she's facing him on his lap) "I can't tonight." I say standing my ground. She pouts and tries to move off my lap, but I grab her waist, stopping her. "You're forgetting something." I kiss her passionately and she pulls away smiling. "Wouldn't want to forget that. Bye Daniel." She says opening the car door. "Bye sweetheart, I love you." "Love you too."