Love Again... (Diggy Simmons Love Story)

(Picture of Selena in 12th grade on the side --->)

Why is it so hard to love after a epidemic? Well, I'll show you why..

~Flash Back~

"Do you want to come over and watch movies with me? I'm bored." My best friend, Diggy asks over the phone. He said his parents were gone on a business trip and his siblings went with them. "Sure, I'll be over in a bit." I respond, smiling as I start to gather my phone and keys. "Okay." He says. We hang up and I start heading to his house. As I'm driving, I'm wondering if I should finally admit to him that I love him.. I've always loved Daniel since we first met back in the first grade. I know I shouldn't have waited until senior year to tell him, but I get scared whenever I start to think about telling him. I don't want him to treat me different, and I damn sure don't want him to reject me. It's complicated.

I pull up to his house and take a deep breath. Here goes the moment of truth. I walk up to his huge house and ring the doorbell getting more nervous than I already was. He opens the door without smiling... what he normally does. He lets me inside and I see Khalil, one of his friends/team mates (Diggy plays basketball btw) in the living room. "I thought it was going to be just us?" I say trying not to sound disappointed. I really can't tell him how I feel now. "I didn't think you'd care." He says with no emotion what's so ever. We all walk upstairs and somehow we ended up in Diggy's room. "What are we doing in here?" I ask. Before anyone could respond the lights went off.

I felt hands around my waist and someone is kissing my neck. Diggy left his window open and the moon is setting a glow so I see it's Khalil. "Get off me!" I yell elbowing him in the stomach. He backs up and holds his stomach, wincing in pain. "Hell nah, you gon' pay for that." He pushes me onto the bed forcefully and slaps me, then he rips my clothes off and he takes his off. "What the hell are you doing?!!" I yell tears forming in my eyes. Is Diggy really going to let this happen? He puts on a condom and slams into me violently. I'm screaming continuously. "Diggy! Help me!" I yell as the pain increases stroke after stroke. Diggy doesn't do anything, he just has his head down, facing the wall. "Daniel please help me!!!" I yell again, still no response. "Shut the fuck up hoe!" Khalil yells, slapping me once again. That's when I lost it. I cried so hard and screamed as loud as I could. It hurts so much.

After about one agonizing hour, Khalil pulls out and puts his clothes back on. "Thanks... bro." He says to Diggy sarcastically and walks out the door laughing. Diggy turns around and runs into my arms hugging me. "I'm so sorry Selena. I'm sorry." He says through tears. I've never seen Diggy cry, I felt his warm tears run down my back. I push him off me, get dressed, and run out of his house. I drive home as fast as I can. I couldn't believe Diggy would let him do that to me. I can never love him again. Never.