The Friend

You and Kai'sa walked into the hotel room and found everyone doing their own thing. Well, mostly everyone. Ahri and Akali were missing but Eve and Jinx were still there.

Jinx was playing on the Switch with Totoro sitting next to her. The Guinea Pigs watched from the coffee table. Eve, however, immediately got up and walked over to Kai'sa.

Eve: You're with me.

Kai'sa didn't even get to debate before Eve dragged her along. They both left the room while you stood there confused. You looked at Jinx with a raised brow but she just shrugged.

Jinx: I don't even know.

You just sighed and sat next to her on the couch. You watched her play for a moment before she looked at you. She paused the game and handed the controller to the Guinea Pigs.

Jinx: Okay. No one else is here. It's time we talked.

You looked at her confused.

Y/N: What?

Jinx crossed her arms as she moved to get more comfortable on the couch.

Jinx: You've been getting worse. I haven't seen you this spaced out since we were discharged. And now things have been getting all weird with you.

You turned back to the TV.

Y/N: I don't know what you're talking about.

Jinx kicked your arm which actually hurt. You retracted your arm as Jinx glared at you.

Jinx: I'm not fucking around, Y/N. Serious talk time.

Y/N: There's nothing wrong, Jinx.

Jinx: Bullshit. Dude, what the hell happened at the bar? You snapped. You haven't done that since that dude groped me. And you ended up in jail.

Y/N: For a night.

Jinx: Because I bailed your ass out.

You rolled your eyes.

Y/N: I don't even know why you're bring this up.

Jinx: Gee. I wonder why.

You looked to your friend and noticed that she had that look on her face. The same one she got when she started to worry.

You never saw it often.

Jinx: Y/N, please talk to me.

You kept your eyes on her for a moment before you sighed.

Y/N: You want to know the truth, Jinx? The God honest truth?

Jinx nodded. You sighed as you sat back on the couch.

Y/N: I don't feel right. It's hard to explain. But, I feel like I'm trying way too hard.

Jinx raised a brow.

Jinx: Trying to do what?

You turned to her and she finally saw something. Something she had missed for so long.

You looked tired.

Jinx: Y/N....

Y/N: You know where I go when I space out?

Jinx didn't know the answer.

Y/N: I find myself back on the unit. With you, Ezreal, Darius....

Jinx watched as you closed your eyes.

Y/N: Rell.

You felt Jinx place a hand on yours. You opened your eyes and looked at her.

Y/N: I feel like I'm trying to hard to forget them. Or to live in the past. Or to move on. Or to love again. Or.....to keep living.