The World We Call Our Own

You groaned as noise somewhere in the house began to wake you up. You slowly opened your eyes and blinked for a moment.

You had been staying on the couch in favor of Maria staying in your room while Elizabeth and Braun stayed in your sister's old room.

Totoro: <Meow?>

You looked at the cat for a moment before you petted him.

Y/N: Hey, bud.

You closed your eyes and tried to fall back to sleep. Totoro smacked your face which caused your eyes to shoot open.

You sat up, which caused your blanket to fall off reveling your topless form, and looked around.

Dad: Look who's finally awake. We have guests.

You looked behind you and found your dad sitting at the table with the girls, all of who had cups of coffee in front of them, and Jinx, who had the Guinea Pigs sitting in front of her.

You blinked once, twice, three times before you shot up to your feet.

Y/N: What are you doing here?!

You hurried over to the table but noticed that the girls were staring at you. You stopped and looked down to see that you weren't wearing a shirt. Also, your hair was a bit messy since you just woke up.

Jinx: We came by to see how you were doing. And totally not because your job is, like, a million times harder than you make it look.

Dad: Have a seat. I made coffee.

You looked at the girls.

Y/N: Sure. Uh, just let me go get changed.

Eve: Oh, no need to put a shirt on for us. We're all friends here.

Akali: Yeah. Plus, it's not like we haven't seen it before.

You looked at the two as they drank their coffee while staring at your bare body.

Y/N: Yeah, but I have a niece.

Ahri: They headed into town for a bit. Maria looked so cute in her little boots.

She must be talking about the pink ones Braun bought her when you went to town together. You just shrugged and sat down next to Jinx and your dad.

Y/N: So, why are you girls here? You have a tour to finish.

Kai'sa: We spoke to Jayce who agreed to push some dates back. It's only two more shows but he said that we deserved a break.

Ahri: Plus, we were getting nothing without you.

You looked at Jinx who refused to look you in the eye as she silently drank her coffee.

Totoro: <Meow>

Y/N: Did she now?

Jinx pointed at the cat.

Jinx: Shut it, fur ball!

Totoro stuck his tounge out at her and hopped in your shoulder. He purred as he laid down.

Dad: He really likes you. Figures. Your mom was always good with animals.

You smiled a bit.

Y/N: That's true, isn't it? I remembered when she managed to tame that horse Buck. Damn thing didn't let anyone ride it except for her.

Dad: And she won the barrel racing event five years in a row.

Akali: Barrel racing? I think I saw that on TV once. Did you guys do rodeo stuff a lot?