The Father

The plane ride was long and restless. Jayce told you that he would explain the situation to the others and for you not to worry. But you were.

Just not for the reason he thought.

You were currently on a bus into town which was only about an hour away. It was nice of Jayce to let you use his jet, but you couldn't really get to enjoy it.

The bus came go a stop and you looked up.

You grabbed your bag and got up before you headed to the front of the bus. You stood at the stop as the bus drove off.

It has been years since you were here. 8 to be exact.

A lot has already changed.

You noticed a few newer buildings around. Even a park was built where the old one once stood.

You noticed that there were a few new people around, but you recognized a few.

You just pulled your hat down to better cover your face and walked forward. Hopefully that 5 o'clock shadow of yours will also help in hiding your identity.

You didn't really mind if anyone did see you, but you just wanted to get to the house as soon as you could.

You had your jacket on, the one your sister and her family got you, as well as some jeans and a pair of Vans.

How odd it was to be back here. After all these years. While you were still stuck in the past, trapped there, the whole world really did move forward.

Man: What a nice day.

You stopped and looked over. It was an older man looking up at the blue sky. A young boy was in the bed of the truck with his farm equipment.

Boy: It's hot.

Man: Yeah, it kinda is.

You just lowered your head again and kept walking. Your dog tags were actually out of your shirt. They shined in the sunlight.

You mindlessly walked for a moment before the door to the hardware store opened. You noticed it was a police officer. But you stopped with wide eyes when you realized who it was.

The man noticed you and you watched as realization crossed his face.

Aatrox: Well I'll be damned.

You looked at your old bully as he smiled. He grabbed his belt and you realized that he was a bit fatter. Not only that, but he had a full grown beard.

You just stood there for a moment before he chuckled.

Aatrox: What's with the confused face? I thought you weren't scared of me.

He walked over to you and you snapped out of your trace.

Y/N: Aatrox? Uh, hey?

Aatrox: Y/N. Long time no see.

Y/N: Y-Yeah. Likewise.

He seemed, friendlier.

Aatrox: I didn't know you were in town.

Y/N: I just got in. I'm...visiting my old man.

He didn't seem so hostile. Has he really changed this much over 8 years?

Aatrox: I see. Well, shit. Look at you. Not that scrawny kid anymore. Heard you also joined the military with Jinx.

You nodded. He then held out his hand.

Aatrox: Well, thank you for your service.

You looked at his hand for a moment before you slowly reached out and shook it.