Footsteps - 3

So someone suggested this now to continue so here you are.

Tw slight gore and mentions of suicide

No shipping at all

Tommy's POV

I really thought they would have gone home after I talked to them. I felt a little guilty.

I unzipped my tent and stepped out. The sun was just poking through the trees.

I smiled and took a deep breath in. The crisp air filling my lungs as the birds chirped around me.

I walked to the wood pile and grabbed a few chunks and threw them into the fire pit from last night.

The coals and ash puffed up in the air turning the grass around it ashy. I grabbed flint and steel from the table.

I pulled some of the feathers I didn't need and threw them in the fire as a starter.

I clinked them together as a spark ignighted the feathers. The fire engulfed the logs as I stepped back to avoid getting burned.

Walking over to my bag I pulled out some oats and freeze dried strawberries. I mixed water into a big bowl with the oats and berries inside.

I set it on the edge of the fire and proceeded to heat up some water for coffee.

I sat at the fire and watched the flames dance around the wood. My wings fluttered in the wind still a little sore from the feather plucking.

I pulled one wing towards me to massage the sore spots only to be surprised when they were glowing.

They were glowing like a neon sign. They were glowing like a cracked glow stick. They were glowing like fire.

My eyes entranced didn't notice the ruffling of bushes ahead of me. Only when a figure broke through the leaves did I stand up axe in hand.

The figure approached me.

It was a short burnett.

Tubbo.

He smiled at me when I tossed my axe back to the floor. I sat back down and he stood next to me.

"Come sit." I said patting the log

He obliged and sat next to me making sure to leave some room.

"Soooo....how'd you sleep?" He tried

I chuckled slightly and turned to look at him.

"You do realise that isn't going to fix anything?" I asked

Tubbo stumped down shoulders sagging.

"Yeah I know." Tubbo said

"Then why try?" I said like it was common sense

"Because I'm your best friend Tommy whether you like it or not. I was your best friend before and I'm your best friend now. Yeah I admit it was foolish for me to start a new place but in all honesty? I would've taken you if Dream hadn't had a fucking knife to your throat when we went to get you." Tubbo explained

"He had a knife to my throat? You guys tried to save me?" I asked three questions pooling in my brain

Why had Puffy and Sam told me otherwise? I thought Dream couldn't deal with the thought of killing me? Why hadn't they come back later on to get me?

"Tommy?" Tubbo asked

"Uh yeah?" I said snapping me back to reality

"You spaced out for a moment there, as I was saying Dream had a knife to your throat and told us you were his play thing not ours. He then tried to stab me and Quackity. So we left. Only to find later on that he had committed suicide." Tubbo filled me in