Chapter 26

“You’re still coming over right?” I asked Kasey for the third time today. She nodded, opening her locker.

                “I went out and got Mason something last night” She said, pulling out a small box covered in wrapping paper. Little trucks were printed on the paper, a large blue bow atop. I grinned at her.

                “You’re so nice”

                She shrugged “I know. Can I just go with you on the bus home?”

                “Of course” I said, slinging my bag over my shoulder. She tucked the present inside of her back pack carefully, slamming her locker shut.

                Kasey glanced behind me, a smirk across her lips.

                I groaned before I heard the horrid voice next to me.

                “Hello ladies” Caden said, slinging an arm around my shoulder. I shrugged it off, leaning against the wall of lockers. Caden stood with his hands on his hips, his backpack hanging off of one shoulder. Kasey waved a hello quietly. Caden nodded with a smile.

                “What do you want?” I groaned, crossing my arms.

                “I’m taking you home”

                “Uh… no you’re not”

                “Come on, Pumpkin, we’ve already had this discussion.” He smirked “Yes I am”

                My eyes flickered to Kasey. She raised an eyebrow at the nickname. I rolled my eyes angrily “No, because Kasey and I are taking the bus home”

                “You going to her house?” Caden asked, looking at Kasey

                “Yeah,” Kasey said quietly.

                “I’ll bring you too” He said, clapping his hands “Let’s go ladies. We have a party to attend to”

                “What are you talking about?”

                “It’s your brother’s birthday…”

                “Yes, I know, but how do you know?”

                “You’re mother told me?”

                I frowned, pushing myself off the wall. Kasey and I followed Caden out of the school, getting in his car. Kasey and I sat in the back, letting Caden sit alone in the front.

                “We have to pick your brother up too” Caden said, looking back at me through the rear-view mirror.

                I nodded “Do you know how to get there?”

                “I’ve got a general idea, but you have to let me know once we get off the highway”

                Kasey grinned at me secretively.

                “So are you staying the whole time, Kasey?” Caden asked, trying to spark up a conversation.

                Her face expressed the surprise she felt at the fact that Caden knew her name. “No, I’m only staying for an hour or so”

                “How come?”

                “I’ve got to babysit my cousins tonight”