Chapter 30

I returned back to my room, turning the radio up a little more. I was disgusted in Caden. Had he really just slept with me because he wanted Jason and I to break up?

                               I didn’t care for the motive behind that.

                               I would have preferred for him to have slept with me accidentally because of our drunkenness.

                               Not this.

                               I wanted to call Jason and tell him this, but I knew he wouldn’t care. I was just as much at fault as Caden was. If not more.

                               I had royally screwed myself over.

                               I rolled onto my back, staring at the ceiling. I wished that I could go to sleep and never wake up.

                               There was a knock on my bedroom door, and it didn’t take a genius to figure out who it was.

                               “Go away” I said loud enough for him to hear on the other side.

                               “Please, can I come?” Caden asked quietly.

                               “No.”

                               He opened the door anyways.

                               I chucked a pillow at him, rolling so that my back was to him. Caden dodged the pillow, walking over to me. He sat down on my small bed, staring at me.

                               I glanced at him, quickly moving my eyes away.

                               “What part of ‘go away’ don’t you understand?” I hissed.

                               “The part where you don’t let me explain myself.”

                               “You explained yourself very well that night.” I mumbled

                               “Well clearly my explanation wasn’t good enough.”

                               “Please, Caden, enlighten me.” I snapped, rolling onto my back. I crossed my arms, my eyes trained on the ceiling.

                               “I always try to stay friends with the girls that I uh… bang” he said for lack of a better word. “I’m not heartless, I actually like them. And I don’t want it to be awkward between us especially considering I’m your babysitter.”

                               “So?”

                               “I’d like your permission to let me talk to Jason.”

                               “What? No! Why? No—absolutely not--!” I said, cut off by Caden’s hand over top my mouth. He leaned over me, pressing a finger to his lips.

                               “You’re too loud.” He said, keeping his hand there, “Now let me explain myself.”