5. She

TW: Child birth

Over the next week, all strength that Sugawara had started to gain back nearly disappeared. He needed help with getting out of bed and into the bathroom where he'd thrown upon himself more than anyone could count. 

He needed the hospital gown he hated so much and napped throughout the day, not able to move very much or else it would hurt. 

Nozomi was healthy though, already moving into position. 

The stress was getting to him, especially when Daichi was at work and the familiar scent of his mate was gone. 

At the moment he was trying to ease his pain away with ice water and couldn't do much. Nozomi kicked and he whined, putting his head back. "That doesn't hurt but can you not? you're supposed to sleep while I'm awake."

When she kicked again he could feel a bit of panic set in. That wasn't a kick. 

"False contraction. I was warned about this. Fuck." He shifted and waited a moment. The pain went away and he tried to get comfortable. Half an hour later, the pain came back. Then another thirty minutes later. 

It seemed as if the pain was getting more and more frequent too. This hurt too much to be false contractions but it was too early for him to go into labor. 30 weeks was ten weeks too early...

Sugawara whined louder, clawing at the sheets for a moment. The pain was starting to get longer. How long had he been having pain? 

Suga glanced at the clock. Four hours... 

He kicked a bit and tried to get comfortable again. Immediately, something warm touch his thighs and started to pool around him. He whimpered louder, the room filling with the smell of blood and the panicked scent of the omega. 

He grabbed the bed remote and pressed the red button at the top, over and over again until he was sobbing, the pain too much for him to handle anymore. Nurses rushed in and turned him on his back, trying to get him to calm down. 

"Please... I need my mate."

"We've called him already. But your daughter is going to be coming out naturally so we need you to relax."

Suga whimpered softly before glancing down. There was so much blood... "Is she going to be okay?"

"She'll be just fine. Both of you will be alright."

Sugawara nodded and a wave of tiredness came over him. He hadn't been given medicine yet. How much blood had just come out of him?

"Get an IV in him. Now."

Sugawara looked around and spotted someone staring in the corner. He felt faint but the image brought tears to his eyes. "Grandma..."

The white-haired lady smiled. "Relax Koushi. It will be all over soon."

A doctor walked in front of him and suddenly she was gone. The pain started again and he cried out. He could hear them talking about the blood getting heavier. Then rushed talking and someone else was with him. "Suga."

Sugawara looked up. "It hurts. Daichi please, it hurts."

"I know sweetheart, I know," Daichi whispered. He moved a bit so that a nurse could put a cannula on him. After that, he kissed Sugawara's cheek and let out an overbearing amount of his scent so that he would feel safer. "Remember though, you'll be healthier as soon as she's out. We get to see our beautiful daughter."

Sugawara felt another rush of pain and cried out, jerking away from the doctors. "Get them away! I can do it on my own! Just go away!"

"Sir you aren't stable enough to do anything like that."