22. Diagnose

Daichi and Bokuto circled Daichi's car, worried. Bokuto opened the door to the passenger seat and Daichi helped Suga stand, his legs a little wobbly. "You okay there?"

"A little dizzy."

Bokuto held him up as Daichi gathered his things. He handed off the bags to the children and they head inside.

Sugawara looked up into the house, standing in the doorway. "Where's Hoshi...?"

Daichi just kept going, bringing him to the living room where Suga fixed the nest they had made and plopped in it. He laid down and Daichi put his things away in their room downstairs.

"Babe? Am I missing something?"

Daichi leaned down. "Hoshi is gone Suga. He passed away a few days before you got in the hospital."

Sugawara's lip trembled. "Why?"

"We don't know."

Suga nodded. He wiped away his tears and put a blanket over himself so that just his head peeked out. "Can you lay with me?"

Daichi settled down next to him. "Are you a caterpillar now?"

"A what?"

"The little thing that makes a butterfly."

"Ooh. Pfft. Yes."

Ichiro hurried over and Suga let him lay on his side. Daichi laid with him until he fell asleep, getting up when he was asleep.

Ichiro watched, curious.

"I'm going over to the neighbor for a moment, okay?"

"Okay!"

Daichi left the house and was gone for a little under fifteen minutes. When he returned he avoided everyone and went downstairs with a box.

Izumi tried to go downstairs to see what was happening but was shooed away.

"The hell is dad doing with the neighbor?"

"He loves mom too much to do anything with her."

"Dad's gay," Nozomi noted.

Ichiro stared. "Me too."

"You love mom or you're gay?"

"Both."

Both of his siblings stared at him. "Oh my God..."

Nozomi rushed downstairs. "Dad! Ichiro said he's gay!"

Daichi looked up from cradling a small blanket. "Nozomi. Don't use that word as an insult."

"I didn't. What is that?"

"Don't tell your brothers." Daichi opened the blanket.

Nozomi stared at the tiny dog in his arms, amazed. "It's so little..."

"I got him for your mother. Isn't he cute?"

"Yeah! What type of puppy is he?"

"A Rottweiler German Sheperd mix. Your mother loves big dogs and he's going to be huge."

"What's his name?"

"Yori."

"How are you gonna give him to mom?"

"I'm going to put him in his nest." Daichi stood. "They're both very tired."

Nozomi sprinted upstairs and threw herself on the couch, wanting to see this. Daichi came up after her and sat by the nest of blankets. Suga looked comfortable and relaxed. Daichi set down Yori, who curiously sniffed of Sugawara. He licked his face, trying to get a reaction. Suga whined and rubbed his face. "Daichi... don't be an ass."