3. Dying

Daichi looked over the room he had stepped into, worried by the smell of anxiety filling the area. "Suga?"

"Bathroom."

Daichi hurried into their shared bathroom. Hoshi whined up at him. He ducked down and held Sugawara. "Hey. Woah. What happened?"

"I-I couldn't move." Suga whimpered. "I was scared."

"WHat couldn't you move? Did it hurt?"

"No. No... I couldn't move my legs. I was laying on the floor like I always do and then all of a sudden my legs didn't work when I tried to sit up." 

"Do you want to go back to the hospital?"

"No. I can call the doctor or something but no hospital. I just got out of there and I don't want to go back. The baby is probably being a little jerk again."

"Alright. But if I feel like it's necessary then I am going to be forcing you to go to the hospital to make sure both of you are okay." Daichi picked him up and brought him into bed. Hoshi climbed on the bed and huddled against Sugawara's stomach. 

"Good boy," Suga whispered. He yawned and rubbed his fur. "I'll call the doctor in the morning since I announce everything tomorrow."

Daichi kissed his hair. 

"You smell worried." Sugawara snuggled closer and kissed under his jaw. "I love you."

"I love you too." Daichi moved Hoshi again and Hoshi growled softly. "Hey."

Sugawara giggled loudly. "Oh hush you big puppy. You would never bite my mate."

"He doesn't like me as much as you."

"Oh my God. We both love you." Suga grabbed his face and roughly kissed him. "You idiot." Daichi kissed back, gentler. It took out a few minutes before Suga pushed away. "We can't."

"I know, I know." Daichi closed his eyes and yawned. "You're quite hot though."

"Shut up!" Sugawara covered himself in blankets and Hoshi.

Daichi ducked under the blankets and kissed him. "I love you."

Suga snuggled closer. "I love you more."

Daichi smiled. "That's sad."

Suga giggled. He yawned and shifted around. "Twenty-two weeks. Eighteen more to go."

"What are we going to name them?"

"Ooh. Good question. I have no idea."

"Start with boy names. Think about it."

"Kohi."

"Ren."

"Toshiro."

"Yuuma."

Suga thought about the names they'd listed out and smiled. "I like Ren."

"I like Toshiro."

"They're both really good names," Suga whispered. 

"What if the baby is a girl?"

"Nozomi." 

Daichi waited a moment, thinking the name out. "That name means hope."

"As in I hope she's healthy and happy. I hope that she loves us."

Daichi looked at his lover in the dark and saw the lingering fear. His body was fragile. Them planning this pregnancy was the riskiest thing they had done. They knew Sugawara could die. "Suga..."