24. Car Games

Suga smiled at Daichi, turning his phone towards him. "Found one."

"Oh?" 

"Not even that expensive per night either. The kids would be able to see the sea from the windows. It would be great." 

"You set the days, right?" 

"I did."

"Good." Daichi kissed his cheek. "I'll go tell them." 

Suga nodded and yawned. He felt the scar along the side of his head. It had been a year. Nozomi was a teenager now, thirteen, and the twins were twelve. Time was going by so fast but every moment was amazing. 

Daichi walked back into the kitchen. "They're really excited. Izumi seemed a bit more lively, which was really nice." Daichi noticed Suga leaning into the table, shoulders moving slowly as he breathed. 

He lifted Suga out of his seat and carried him downstairs. Yori followed him downstairs, getting on the bed and sniffing Suga as he was set down. Daichi shooed him away and woke Sugawara a bit. 

"Hey, sweetheart. You wanna put on your PJs?" 

Suga nodded. He took off his jeans and t-shirt. Daichi slipped his own hoodie on Suga and changed, just in sweatpants. He held the smaller male and rubbed his nose with his finger, just listening. 

In the morning Suga walked around the house in sweatpants and Daichi's hoodie. He braided Nozomi's hair and kissed all over Ichiro's face. He took Izumi on a walk, knowing that this might become routine. 

Daichi helped Nozomi and Ichiro with their rooms, hanging up things. He taught Izumi to make omelets properly too, able to see Izumi interested in it. 

It was incredibly difficult now to get him excited but both of his parents understood. 

It just seemed normal to all of them. 

Daichi and Suga went to work before coming back and fixing lunch. Izumi had hidden himself in the laundry room again, comfortable. 

Daichi sat with him this time and observed things he hadn't seen before. Izumi played with his fork and bit his cup. He liked eating one thing at a time. He didn't like talking while he was eating and told Daichi plain out that he was busy when he'd asked a question. 

He was blunt and seemed rude but he helped Daichi understand a bit more than what he had before. 

Daichi had asked what his brain did when he started to get mad and it was a bit saddening. Izumi had pointed at the washing machine and drier and said it's like putting two pairs of shoes in each while they ran and that phones were ringing and people screaming and like ants were biting him. 

He said he wanted everything to be quiet and calm but he always some sort of distraction. Distractions and people made him angry and he couldn't help getting mad at things easily. 

Daichi, later on, took Yori for a walk and Nozomi walked with him, talking about going into dance and the beach they were going to. 

Apparently, she'd overheard Izumi talking to Ichiro about the trip. Izumi was excited. Like, stimming violently type of excited. It was so sweet and he was excited. 

Daichi wanted to see that. He really wanted to see him laugh and stim and smile. Somehow, someway he would. 

****

Suga hefted up a suitcase, huffing. "Honeyyy I need heeeelp!" 

Daichi put a hand under the bag and helped him put it in the back. "I told you to wait Koushi. Don't push yourself."