CHAPTER 41

"So...I received Jordan's RSVP... plus one" said Ana as soon as we sat down for lunch in the hotel restaurant, they had decided to invite him because Jordan had apologized to both of them for the shitshow he gave at Crossroads last time and because I had told them that he was doing better and that I didn't mind.

"Good! I'm happy for him. How's everything else going?" I told her after the waiter took our orders for the drinks.

"Perfect! Everything is going according to the list, thank God I have Samara, otherwise, I would have gone mad a long time ago" we both laughed imagining that scenario. This weekend we were going to St. Augustine, they were going to do a final tour of the place and plan the last details, and Alex and I had to finalize the last details of the rehearsal dinner. It seems incredible that the wedding is in almost a month, how quickly time had passed. Then we talked about the songs they had asked the band, about the food, flowers, the wedding present for Andrew, her wedding dress, her bouquet, and everything that was already ready and the little stuff that was still left to do. "Anyway, what happened with Alex?" she told me placing her silverware carefully on her nearly empty plate and leaning back in the chair. I flinched thinking about that for a minute, but then I tried to hide it and smiled.

"Everything is awesome! We want to go on a mini-vacation" Ana's eyebrows came together as she listened to me "But somewhere close you know, just a few days, we were thinking of a beach in the car-"

"The fuck, Emma?" she interrupted me shaking her head

"It will only be a few days, maybe 3 or 4, everything is almost done with the wedd-" I said while nervously picking up my iced tea.

"What about the children's business?" she told me still with a frown. I looked at her for a few seconds, I thought about making a joke like <we don't have them yet, but if we did, you will have to babysit while we go on our trip>, but I only smiled sideways with a sad face, there was no way to beat around the bush or lie to Ana, she knew me too well.

"Shit Ana, I really don't know, I'm terrified. I love Alex so much, but..."

"So, she definitely doesn't want babies? Have you already talked about it?" she asked me worriedly putting both of her hands in front of her mouth.

"According to her, she doesn't know if she wants to in the future, but that's not enough for me, I can't wait for years with the hope that she will change her mind, I don't want to be a middle-aged mother" Ana just looked at me and nodded, her lips and her brows furrowed and for the first time she seemed to be lost for words. "And there is also the option that she will never change her mind, and I don't know if I should just forget about it just to make her happy." She started shaking her head before speaking.

"No, Emma, ​​you can't do that. If you did, in the end, you're going to end up resenting her and things are going to end up really bad" I knew what she meant, and I agreed.

"I'm going to wait for your wedding and the holidays to pass, then we will have to talk again and make a decision, but I have a strong feeling that I'm going to end up with a broken heart" I said swallowing the lump in my throat and lowering my eyes and blinking as fast as I could so my tears will dissipate.

"Em, you know that I am here for you, for whatever it is, for whatever decision you make. But as your sister, I'm asking you to think about yourself and what you want before anything else, you must be happy to make someone else happy, ok? " I nodded while giving her a smile. "And about the trip" she said trying to lighten up the mood "I'm jealous! Obviously, it doesn't compare to our future honeymoon in Thailand" she told me sticking her tongue out at me and winking at me. We both laughed, then we said goodbye to go back to work.