Cat's Got Your Love?

He had cheated on me. I wasn't entirely sure why I was surprised. Adam had never been a great boyfriend, so him cheating on me should've just been the natural progression of things. And yet it still hurt deeply.

"Ah, who needs a man anyway?" I muttered to myself, pushing open the door to the bar and walking inside.

I had one plan for the night, and that was to drink away my woes. I walked up to the bar counter, sitting on one of the stools and ordering a beer. With a sigh, I took a long drink, swallowing the almost bland tasting alcohol, feeling the foamy suds tickling my upper lip.

I sighed into my drink, setting down the pint and swirling it around aimlessly. Heartbroken over a man I had never even been certain loved me.

"Typical. Just typical. Damn, Y/N, get over him. He's not worth it. He was never worth it," I muttered at myself. And yet despite that, I could feel hot tears pricking at my eyes, threatening to spill over into my drink.

"So what's got a pretty girl like you so upset on a Saturday night?" a voice asked, and I jumped, turning to look at the man taking a seat next to me, ordering his own drink.

"Wouldn't you like to know?" I muttered, turning back to my drink after giving him a glare, in no mood to talk.

Despite my standoffishness, I couldn't help but sneak another glance at him. He was beautiful, with dark brown eyes giving me a judging look, crinkled by the smile playing at his lips. He had a bit of a five o'clock shadow and perhaps most curious of all, hair such a dark brown it was nearly black, streaked with gray although he didn't seem to be older than I was.

He caught me looking and his smirk got bigger as my cheeks grew pink.

"I would like to know, actually. That's why I asked," he said with a wink.

My face grew redder as I stared intently at my drink.

"Just had my boyfriend cheat on me, that's all," I said crossly.

"Aw I'm sorry, you didn't deserve that," he said sympathetically.

"How do you know? For all you know I cheated on him first," I said, giving him a look.

He smiled, shaking his head.

"Nah, you don't seem like the type of girl to do that."

"And how exactly do you know what type of girl I am?" I asked, arching an eyebrow, but I couldn't deny the fact my heart was beating faster.

"Why don't you give me the chance to find out? Let me grab your next drink, we can get ourselves a table and maybe share an appetizer," he said casually, but there was a slight blush running across his cheeks.

I smiled, shrugging. What did I have to lose?

"Sure. You're paying though," I said with a wink.

"Well now what kind of gentleman would I be if I didn't?" he teased, rising to his feet and holding out his arm.

I hooked my arm through his, letting him lead me to one of the tables toward the back of the bar.

"So you from around here?" he asked, taking a sip of his beer.

"Yep. Born and raised. You?"

"Not exactly, I live about an hour away," he said.

"Oh? What brings you into town then?" I asked.

To my surprise, his cheeks got a bit redder, flushed from more than alcohol.

"Work, actually."

"What's your job? Bet it's a lot more interesting than mine," I said with a sigh.

"What's yours?"

"I'm assistant manager at a grocery store. Boring as hell and I'm only working there because I need money to survive. I'm trying to find a new job, just haven't had luck yet. Don't think you can just pass the question though! What's your job?"

"I actually...work with...a band," he said slowly.

"What band?!" I asked, perking up.

"Kiss. I'm one of the drum techs," he said.

"Oh I've heard of Kiss! I don't know if I've heard much of their music," I said apologetically. "I've heard they put on quite a show though, when's the concert? I'll have to go."

"Tomorrow night! I could actually look into getting you a ticket if you want," he said, and I felt my heart leap.

"Oh you don't have to do that!" I said, but he shook his head.

"No, no I want to."

"Well that's very nice of you...?"

I trailed off, giving him a questioning look.

"I'm George Criscuola, nice to meet you," he said, holding out his hand.

"I'm Y/N!" I said, shaking his hand with a smile. "It's very nice to meet you indeed."

**Hello lovelies!! ('▽'ʃ♡ƪ)I hope you like this story!! And thank you so so much to aerogurl18 for the inspiration, please go and check out her works, she's so very talented!! Enjoy!! I love you all and I love all the support so very much!! And if you have any suggestions for future stories, please do let me know!!😘🥰😍***