One in the Same

~Time skip 4 months!~

The phone rang and I picked it up with a smile.

"Hi George!" I said cheerfully.

George: Hello my sweet! I miss you.

"I miss you too. When does the tour end?" I asked, twisting my finger through the phone cord.

George: Tonight. Which means I'll be flying home tomorrow to see you!

"Gosh I can't wait. What's the plan for tomorrow? Dinner?"

George: Mmm and perhaps something more?

"Ohh I could do something more," I purred with a smile, feeling my cheeks grow pink. 

It had been just a little under four months since George had asked me to date, and I had very happily said yes. Sure Peter still flirted with me, he still gave me tickets and backstage passes and made certain to toss me a rose every show I was at, but we hadn't spent the night together since our dinner date. We had gone out to dinner a few times again, with George saying it was okay, and although I couldn't deny Peter was attractive, it was George who owned my heart. 

He had managed to sneak home to me almost at least every other week, taking me out to dinner and spending the night and doing everything he could to squeeze dating me in with his already slammed touring schedule. He was perfect, and I loved him dearly. 

George: Then we'll do something more. Anyway I've got to run bambina, I'll see you tomorrow! Ti amo!

"I love you too!" I said, blowing him a kiss before unfortunately hanging up.

It was cute how both Peter and George used little affectionate Italian phrases, and I was always curious who had taught them to the other. I chose to believe it was George, as his last name sounded far more Italian than Criss. 

With a sigh, I walked to my room, flopping onto my bed, hoping to fall asleep soon just so that it would be tomorrow quicker.

The next day, the doorbell rang sooner than I was expecting, and I ran to the door, pulling it open.

"George! O-oh! Hi Peter, I wasn't expecting you," I said, looking at the Catman.

He was dressed normally save for his usual greasepaint.

"Could I come in?" he asked, and I nodded.

He walked into my apartment, giving me a smile, brushing a lock of hair out of my eyes. 

"You're gorgeous," he murmured.

"Peter, I'm sorry. I feel bad, keeping this going. I can't be with you," I said abruptly.

"What? Why not?" he asked, giving me a startled and almost hurt look.

"Because I'm not in love with you as much as I'm in love with someone else! I'm sorry, I really am, it's not fair for me to do this to you or him!

"Who is it?" he asked, and I dropped my gaze.

"Gosh Peter please don't be angry. I'm in love with George Criscuola, your drum tech, I--"

To my surprise, he cut me off by pulling me into a kiss. I instantly shoved him away.

"Peter! I just told you--"

"But that's me! I'm George! George Peter John Criscuola was way too much of a mouthful for a stage name, so I shortened it to Peter Criss!" he said eagerly, giving me a smile.

I took a step back, staring at him in confusion.

"You...what?"

"I'm George!" he repeated, grabbing a dish towel and starting to wipe off his makeup, and I stared at him in shock as the face of my boyfriend emerged from beneath the greasepaint.

"Well why the hell didn't you tell me?! You-you wrote letters to me as Peter, you-you dated me as George, why the hell did you lie?!" I cried, and he winced.

"I'm sorry, I-I couldn't just throw out who I was without caution, we have to keep our identities secret, that's the whole goal, I couldn't just--"

"Why did you keep lying?! It's been months, why wouldn't you tell me?! You couldn't trust me?! What, do the rest of them lie to their girlfriends?! Does Ace's wife know who he really is?!" I shouted.

"Bambina--"

"No! Don't 'bambina' me! You don't get to 'bambina' me anymore! Not after you lied to me! Sure, I can get not telling me on the first date, hell even the second and third! But after four months?! After we've dated for almost that whole time?! After everything we've been through?! Hell, after we've slept together?! What the fuck! And you encouraged it too!! You-you kept giving me gifts and inviting me backstage and flirting with me as Peter! Why would you do that?!"

"I just--"

"Just forget it! Just get out! Oh my gosh get out of my house! We're done!" I screamed, pointing at the door.

Giving me a mournful look, he turned and walked out of my apartment. I sat onto the couch, burying my face in my hands and trying not to cry.

I had been so nervous to tell Peter I loved George, terrified that Peter would be angry and fire him, and that I'd have to end things with George so he could keep his job, only for them to end up as one in the same. In theory, I should be thrilled. But I couldn't help but wonder what else had been a lie.

Had he ever even loved me?