Breakfast

There was a knock on my door and I frowned, pulling it open and immediately feeling a smile spread across my face. 

"George! What are you doing here?" I cried. 

He gave me a smile and shrug.

"Well I'm technically in town for the rest of today, we don't leave until tomorrow, so I was wondering if you wanted to go out to breakfast with me!" he said cheerfully. 

My heart melted and I nodded.

"Of course I do! Here, come inside and wait while I get ready," I said, taking his hand and dragging him inside. 

He looked at the rose that I had put in a vase on my table with a smile.

"Peter gave you that, right?" he asked, and I nodded, cheeks growing pink.

"He did. It was very sweet of him," I murmured, before snapping out of my daze. "Anyway! Here, just wait here and I'll go get ready, just give me no more than ten," I said, heading toward my room. 

"No rush! Trust me, I've seen men take two hours with their makeup working for Kiss, I know how long it can take," he said with a grin. 

I giggled, giving him a small wave before darting into my room, quickly getting changed. I pulled on a tight green top to go with my leather skirt, zipping up my platform heel boots before shrugging on a leather jacket. After accessorizing with a pair of silver cross earrings and a choker, I walked back to the living area. 

George immediately stood up as I walked into the room, giving me a smile.

"Oh wow you're gorgeous," he said breathlessly, taking my hands and giving them a squeeze. 

I smiled, taking a shot in the dark and giving him a quick kiss on the lips. He responded by pulling me into a deeper kiss, lips pressed against mine. At last we broke apart after a pause.

"Breakfast now?" he asked, and I nodded. "Breakfast."

Unfortunately, as George was in a rush, the meal went by quickly, and in no time at all I was back at my apartment saying my goodbyes to him.

"Oh, I almost forgot! Here, Peter told me to give you this," George said, reaching into his pocket and pulling out an envelope.

I took it from him with a smile, already excited to open it once he had left. 

"Tell him I say thank you very much. And...and you'll call, won't you?" I asked.

He nodded, smiling, and gave me a kiss. 

"I promise. I'll call you when I get to the next city we're playing in!" he said. 

"I can't wait to hear from you," I said, giving him a hug before at last we said our goodbyes. 

As soon as he left, I carefully tore open the envelope from Peter, feeling my heart start to race. I pulled out a signed photo of him that had been sealed with a kiss, setting it aside before pulling out a handful of guitar picks from Ace, Gene, and Paul, until at last I reached the letter.

Dear Y/N--

I hope this letter finds you well! Unfortunately I couldn't fit a set of drumsticks in the envelope, but you've got two sets already. Maybe next show I'll see if I can toss you something even more unique! 

I would love to be able to meet you more one day. Perhaps sit down with you backstage and eat some dinner? If you're willing, give my drum tech a ring. I'll arrange things with him and get back to you.

With much love,

Peter Criss

I smiled, heart fluttering. 

He had asked me on a date! A date with Peter Criss, the drummer of Kiss! 

I let out a delighted laugh before faltering. But George had asked to see me again as well. And George was a sweetheart, I had so very much enjoyed our times together. Besides, I had a much better chance with him than with Peter! 

And yet despite how desperately I was trying to remind myself that, I couldn't stop staring at the picture Peter had sent. Maybe it wouldn't hurt to try a date with him.