Backstage

I was thrilled for the show, and more specifically the promise of what would be taking place afterwards. Dinner with Peter! I couldn't believe that he actually wanted to have dinner with me. And oh he had even picked me up from my house and driven me to the arena! It had been a wonderful two hours, with the conversation being amazing, and I couldn't wait to have the chance to talk with him after the show. 

At the moment, I was waiting impatiently in the front row for the show to start. It was unfortunate in a way that he was the drummer. He was always tucked behind his drum kit, far from view and from the edge of the stage. I was eager for him to bring out his piano and start playing 'Beth' so that I could see him better. 

Eventually the voice rang out through the arena and the curtain dropped, Kiss exploding onto the stage. Peter was absolutely amazing on the drums, pouring his heart and soul into the music. And eventually it was time for my favorite part, as he walked closer to the edge of the stage, sitting in front of the piano and picking up the microphone. 

I leaned forward against the railing, absolutely enthralled as he sang. He got so into the song that a tear rolled down his cheek 

"Just a few more hours, and I'll be right home to you," he said, giving me a wink and a smile, and I nearly melted in eager anticipation of our eventual reunion. 

Eventually he rose to his feet, taking a bow and once again tossing me the rose. I caught it, giving him a warm smile as he blew me a kiss. I was almost eager for the show to end, just so I could meet up with him. 

At last they took their final bows, with once again Peter blowing me a kiss, giving me a fond smile before the curtain dropped, separating us from view. I immediately headed for the backstage entrance, showing the roadie my pass. As soon as I had pushed the door open, Peter grabbed me, pulling me into a kiss. 

I froze, stunned by his action, before melting into the embrace. I mean it wasn't as if I was cheating, as George and I weren't dating. Besides, it was only a kiss. At last he pulled away, running a gloved thumb along my cheek, giving me a soft smile. 

"Hello you. You're gorgeous. What'd you think of the show?" he asked, taking the rose from my hand and tucking it behind my ear. 

"I thought it was wonderful. Especially you," I said.

He smiled, kissing me on the nose.

"Glad you enjoyed. Here, come with me. I've got dinner already set up," he said, taking my hand and leading me to a room down the hall. 

He pushed open the door and I felt my jaw drop. 

There was a table set up in the middle of the room, the perfect size for two people. There were tables giving off a soft glow, illuminating an absolutely delicious looking steak dinner that was paired with a bottle of wine.

"Shall we?" he asked, and I nodded, hardly able to speak due to shock. 

He pulled my chair back from the table, and I sat down, smiling as he pushed my chair in for me, kissing me on the cheek.

"Care for a drink?" he asked, uncorking the bottle. 

"Please," I said, holding out my wine glass.

He poured me a half glass of rich dark wine before sitting across from me, pouring himself a glass before giving me a smile, raising his glass.

"Cheers, dolcezza mia," he said, clinking his glass against mine as we both took a sip. 

The dinner was easily the best I've ever had. The steak was delicious, paired with the best asparagus and potatoes I had ever had, and the wine was amazing. We had worked our way through the main meal and a salad and the entire bottle of wine before he gave me a warm smile.

"Can I interest you in dessert?" he asked, and I nearly melted.

"Oh, I'd love that," I murmured. 

He rose to his feet, walking to a small ice chest I hadn't even noticed, pulling out a gorgeous looking fruit tart. He set it at the table beside me, cutting me a slice, body close to mine. I could smell a sweet mix of gunpowder smoke, cologne, and sweat and I jerked my head up, giving him a kiss on the cheek on impulse.

There was a pause as his eyes widened before he returned my kiss, on the lips this time. We fell back into talking as we ate the tart, which was as delicious as everything else had been. At last, he rose to his feet. 

"Well la mia amica del cuore, you've got yourself two options for tonight. Either I drive you home, or you can spend the night in my room," he purred, tucking a lock of hair behind my ear, eyes roving almost hungrily over my face. 

I looked just as hungrily back at him before giving him a smile.

"I'd hate to have you drive back so late," I said with a wink, and he grinned right back.

"Then let me take you to my hotel room," he said, slipping an arm around my waist, giving me a squeeze and pulling me against his side as he walked me out of the room, my heart fluttering like mad.