A Ring

'I would love to be able to meet you more one day. Perhaps sit down with you backstage and eat some dinner? If you're willing, give my drum tech a ring. I'll arrange things with him and get back to you.'

I looked at the letter from Peter, reading it over and over again. A date with Peter Criss. How could I say no to that?

But at the same time, there was George to think of. He was such a dear, and I really did have a much better shot with him. And he was handsome too, handsome and kind and funny, but I just couldn't seem to get Peter out of my head.

"Maybe a date with Peter will help me realize how much better George is. He's probably a jerk anyway. All rock stars are," I said to myself, before taking a deep breath and dialing George's number.

George: Hey Y/N! What's up?

"Um...hey! I uh...I got a letter from Peter, he said that he wanted to see if I wanted to get dinner with him?" 

George: Oh, right, right, he was telling me about that! Did you want me to tell him you could?

"Well...y-yeah! If it works," I said, almost nervously. 

George: I'll talk to him and give you a ring in about ten minutes, that work?

"Works perfectly! Talk to you then!" I said, hanging up.

I sat next to the phone, drumming my fingers on the countertop and waiting desperately for it to ring again, hoping for good news. At last it started to ring and I jerked it off the hook.

"Hello?"

George: Hey! Good news, we're playing a show next Friday that's two hours away from where you are, Peter said he'd arrange for you to be picked up then in time for the show. You'd get a front row seat of course and then he'd meet up with you in the greenroom and have something delivered to eat. That work?

I nearly melted at thought.

"Oh, that works perfectly. Tell him thank you very very much and I'm very excited to meet with him!" I said eagerly.

George: I'm sure he shares the same sentiment! Anyway I've got to run, gotta get back to the prep work before the show. Hopefully I'll be able to at least say hi next Friday but I make no promises! I'm always busy after a show.

"Well here's to hoping for at least a hello!" I said. 

We talked for a bit longer until at last I hung up, letting out a dreamy sigh.

Just a little under a week until I was having a dinner date with Peter Criss. 

***Sorry for such a short chapter! The next one will be longer('▽'ʃ♡ƪ)Much love to you all!(❤'艸`❤)(o゜▽゜)o☆***