A Bird's View

"Raven! Are you getting dressed?" my dad says from across the hall. Me being the insomniac that I am, I woke up at 5am. School doesn't start til 8am. I spent an hour and a half listening to Billie eilish and nirvana while I played video games and then finally decided to get dressed. I hear my dad coming up stairs. He knocks on the door. "Come in." I say. "I have nothing to wear." I say, looking at my overflowing closet. "You can't even close your closest because of all the clothes in there. Don't tell me you have nothing to wear." he says. He leaves. I grab a random shirt and jeans. I grab my favorite pair of black platform boots, grab my stuff, and go. I failed my driver's test 3 times so I don't have a licence meaning that my dad has to drive me to school everyday. It's not horrible but I really want my own car. We stop at Starbucks cause he knows it's the only way to stop me from sleeping in class. Instead of dad dropping me off at school he always drops me off at Dexter's house. It gives me a good 10 minutes with my boyfriend. We get to his house and I get out of the car. As I get out of dad's car, Dex walks out of his house. We both hop on his car and he starts playing our playlist. Back when we started dating we made a playlist full of all the music we liked. Over the years it become super important to us. We get to school and walk in to together. His hand in mine. I see Emma, Sydeny, and Trey by the water fountain. We walk over to them and talk for a bit and part ways to head to class. Dexter walks me to class cause we have to go in the same direction anyway. He's so sweet. I get to history class and it's super boring like usual. I text Dexter the entire time. He's in french class so he's got time to kill. The french teacher adores him plus he gets great grades in that class cause his mom is french so he doesn't have to do as much work. History is over so I head to english. I honestly like english. I like reading and I like seeing how many people in the books are secretly lgbtq+ but the book plays it off like they are straight. It's finally lunch. Ugh I'm starving. Dex walks in so we rush to the lunch line. I've grown a bound with the lunch lady over the years so on some days she'll let me skip. Today was one of those days. Trey and Sydeny left school during lunch. They probably left to have sex in the bathroom like all the highschool idiots do. Have fun with a baby at 15! Ugh I really don't like them that much. Especially Sydeny. She's so stuck up and full of herself. She's just so fake. Dexter keeps me away from trying to beat her up. When lunch is over I head to drama class. We have a split class with a bunch of people from all the different grades. There's this one freshman girl, Maxine, in my drama class. She is so annoying. She's a triple threat but she just makes my blood boil. I get through that class and move on to the rest of my classes. Dex and I go back to his house after school. We do some homework together and vibe to music. After that we watch Netflix and makeout a bit. He drives me home and I start making dinner for me and dad. Dad is a horrible cook. My mom taught me how to cook when I was younger so I just end up cooking everytime. When my mom got sick she taught me everything I needed to learn in life so I would know in case something happened. When she died, I pretty much started taking care of me and my dad. It's hard but it works. I love my dad and he's pretty much all I have. Sure, I've got Emma and Dex but sometimes you just need a parent. He tells me stories about mom and he's there when I need him. Me and Emma hung out around 8pm. We went to this old treehouse in the forest. We used to hang out there all the time when we were kids. We just talk and sometimes we paint together. She always paints cute stuff like flowers and fairies and I paint things like death and other weird and kind of gruesome stuff like that. I love decorating my room with different paintings. Today I painted a picture of a girl crying blood and Emma painted a snail sitting on a mushroom. We are so different but she is my best friend. She brought her laptop this time so we watched random Disney movies together. She also brought stuff to do tie dye so we made really cool shirts. I made one with red, black, brown, orange, and blue and it looked awesome. I made another one for Dexter cause she had extras. Luckily she brought some that were oversized so it would fit him. He's taller and a size or two bigger then I am so it will fit him. I bring it over to him and spend the night at his house. We ordered a pizza and binge watched Harry Potter together. I love him so much. I slept like a baby. His warmth is so soothing and it is all just so perfect. The next morning I text my dad good morning. I stole some of Dexter's clothes and he drives me to school. When we walk into school I kiss him goodbye and head to the bathroom. I'll catch up with him later. In the middle of english class, I get a text from Dexter. "Wanna have some fun? Meet me in the boys bathroom in 5 minutes." he says. Oh my God. Okay so I know that I called Syd and Trey idiots for probably having sex in the bathroom but maybe it's fun. Why not get a little freaky. I text him back that I'll be there and grab the only hall pass we have in class. He does the same. We meet in the bathroom and start making out. He picks me up and sits me down on the counter. We keep making out and then...well you know what happened. After about 10 or 15 minutes in the bathroom we rush back to class so nobody suspects anything and then meet up again at lunch. If I don't marry this man I'm never getting married. I want to spend the rest of my life with him. The rest of the day goes fine. Nothing special happened. Dex drives me to his house so we can do homework and vibe and then he drives me home. Another amazing day with my boyfriend. I do my normal nightly routine and off to bed I go.