On The Block Of The Highschool Jock

"Dex! Wake the hell up dude! You're gonna be late!" my brother says with anger. I jump out of bed and start getting ready as fast as possible. It was 7:30 already. My brother is a lot older then me and because of my dad not being around much, he's like a father to me. My mom and dad left when I was 3. She moved three hours away to Chicago. I'm stuck here with my alcoholic and firefighter dad, and my over protective brother. When I'm done getting ready I grab my stuff and run out the door. Raven is already here waiting for me to drive her to school. It's 7:50am currently so we only have 10 minutes to get to school. We managed to get there on time. She made me listen to our playlist again like she does every morning. This playlist is getting old. It's always the same 3 songs on repeat cause they are her favorite songs on the playlist. When we get to school I'm tempted to go see my jock friends but I follow Raven cause I know she will be pissed if I don't. I get to my class. Thank god it's Friday. I'm so tired of being at school. Raven is texting me already. She's asking for round two in the bathroom but I really don't feel like it today. I texted her back saying that I had a test and couldn't see her. I lied. This happens with almost every girl I hook up with. You have sex once and then they want to keep going. Me and Raven were on a break à few months ago after a fight and... Well... I hooked up with a few girls. I never told her though. If she knew I would be dead. I can't deal with her drama sometimes. Her and some girl, Susan Bea got into a fight cause Susan stepped on Raven's shoe by accident. She slapped her across the face, cussed her out, and spread a rumor to the whole school that she was hooking up with one of the teachers. That teacher git fired. Turns out the rumor was true. Never cross Raven. Sometimes I just really wish she would be more chill. I love her but sometimes she's just too much. Raven hates it when I keep stuff from her. She always thinks I'm hiding something. The truth is, I am. I have one secret I have never told her and never will. She would freak out if she ever found out. I get through all my classes and on to lunch. I hop into the lunch line ASAP and save a spot for Raven. I kiss her when are gets in line. Everything is fine. We sit with Emma at one of the tables and talk for a bit. Trey and Sydeny come in a few minutes later. They sit down with us and we all start talking about our plans for the weekend. Emma and Raven are hanging out, Trey and Sydeny are going to have a couples weekend, and I'm alone. I was supposed to visit my mom but she cancelled. This happens everytime. The last time I saw her in person it was when she married her new husband Marc. That was 5 years ago. We talk on the phone but that's pretty much it. Lunch is over and I head back to my classes. I try to forget about the thought of my mom cause it's making me kind of sad. I shake it off and finish my classes for the day. I drive Raven home and then I go home. I do my homework but I don't call Raven or anything this time. I need some time alone to clear my head. I just watch shows, play video games, and take time for myself. Anthony texts me to ask if I want to hang out at the park. I say yes and walk to the park to meet up with him. It feels kind of weird being friends with Emma's brother but Anthony is super chill and fun to hang out with. We started being friends last year. I had just joined the football team and he took me under his wing. He taught me everything I know. We played a few rounds of basketball and just talked. He vented about clingy and annoying his girlfriend, Madison, could be and I did the same about Raven. He doesn't know my secret either. Only one person, other then myself, knows about the secret. The only reason they know is cause they were involved. It's our secret. We going out for at least 2 hours and then Emma showed up. She must have got bored. It's just her though. No Raven. Me and Emma don't talk much. It's not that I have a problem with her, I just find it weird talking to just my girlfriend's best friend. It's not just that either but that's one of the reasons. She has her blond hair in a pony tail. She is wearing an old printed t-shirt and black leggings. She plays a game of one on one with Anthony. I sat on a picnic table by the net and watch them play. Emma has this competitive look on her face. Her brother has the same look on his face too. She's smiling so wide and laughing. She looks so happy. She scores a few points and beats Anthony. He plays it off like he let her win but we all know she won on her own. If I wasn't dating Raven, I would think that Emma is kind of cute. But I would never do that to Raven. We hung out til at least 11pm and all head back to our houses. I call Raven when I get home and say goodnight. We played a few rounds of call of duty and Mario kart. She's so good at video games. She gets so competitive when we play games together. I love her so much when she's like this. We hang up after about 2 hours and both head to bed. I'm exhausted. I can't get the picture of Emma out of my head. She's always so much happier out of school. Actually, most of the time, she's happier when Raven isn't around. Raven can be controlling sometimes for her too. I end up falling asleep during an episode of golden girls. I've had troubles sleeping for a little while now so I usually keep the tv on for background noise while I sleep. It's finally the weekend.