Inviting The Virgin (40)

“Adam?” I questioned.

        The only thing I saw in the office was Adam with Sandra close by. 

            “Eden.” He smiled.

        I had half expected for them to push off each other and pretend like nothing was happened but for once; nothing actually was. I had expected the worst but there were no signs of anything between the two of them.

            “I saw you come out of here a little while ago. I was just wondering where you were,” he smiled a kind smile—“you did invite me to a party and for some reason I feel like I’ve been chasing you around the whole time.” his words were soft and understanding although I had blown him off the whole night.

            “Are you saying you’re not enjoying the chase?” Jordan played along elbowing me.

            I stuck my hip out awkwardly, picking at my nails trying to avoid reacting to their conversation. Zack’s face was still fresh in my mind. He had been very clear about what was going to happen. I was going to have to choose between the two of them. Only knowing them for three days wasn’t enough time to make an informed decision.   

            “So what are you doing here?” I asked Sandra trying to change the subject.

            This was my whole plan to begin with, my reason for coming here. Sandra stood near the door pulling the handle and closing the bathroom door completely shut. I took her cue.

            “No, tell me.” I told her taking a step forward.

            Sandra smirked at me urging me on. She was playing her cards right.

            “Wouldn’t you like to know?” She snickered.

            Since Mimi wasn’t with us in the bathroom and only had suspicions about Sandra helping me there was a strong chance she would beleive everything. There was a possibility that she might question it but Sandra and I were great actors. In junior high we used to fake fights in public places just to see how many people would believe us.

            “Move,” I insisted standing in front of her while she blocked the door.

            “Make me,” she mouthed more then she spoke.

            “Don’t you remember me kicking your ass in grade school? Don’t make me remind you.” I was very clear.