Inviting The Virgin (35)

With the photo tucked safely in my back pocket I headed in my own direction. I wasn’t prepared to say much to Zack when I was still so confused about any, and possibly all my feelings. I didn’t run after him and kiss him in public were everyone would see, I didn’t do anything besides stare at the door he closed behind him.

            There were still a couple choices that I was required to make in a short period of time. The only thing I knew for sure was that I was all for bringing Stella down. The more I thought about it the more tired I was give her being able to keep her reign on this school. Although we were graduating this year putting Stella in her place would give me relief.

            I walked down the familiar halls but they seemed different. The lockers were overwhelming and no one whispered when I walked past. On Monday morning when I waltzed this hallways I wondered what it would feel like. I wondered if I’d feel lighter.

            “Hey,” Someone exited a classroom approaching me quickly barely making a few steps before falling into me—“Eden,” Sandra murmured into my shoulder before she was able to pick herself back up.  

            Using my hands I braced her while she swayed.

            “Nancy has been on me twenty-four seven so I only have a little bit of time.” I was unsure if she had any feeling in her mouth since it moved awkwardly around her words—“It’s about Mimi,” finally she was staying stuff that had caught my attention.

            After seeing Mimi conversing with Stella and then to watch her lie to my face, I knew something was wrong.

            “What about her?” I questioned wondering what suspicions she would confirm.

            “Have you ever seen her here before?” Sandra questioned while I thought about it. We were in a large school and knowing Mimi was younger than me I was unsure of the younger grades—“Because I haven’t but what I do know is that you better cut ties soon because I’m thinking that Mimi was Stella’s back up plan.” she whispered although I couldn’t see anyone else in sight.

            “Figure it out,” Sandra whispered in my ear once again, the aroma of alcohol causing my nose to scrunch.

            Within that moment Nancy walked down the hallway searching for exactly what she found—“Nancy,” Sandra screeched throwing her arms around her acting more drunk then she actually was.

            “Sandra,” Nancy smiled seeing how intoxicated she was—“You’re supposed to stay close by. I wouldn’t want anything bad to happen to your while you’re wasted,” Nancy spoke softly brushing Sandra’s hair back.

            Nancy must not have known all the games that Sandra was playing. Although Nancy must have considered the fact that Sandra was doing the same thing she must have underestimated her. They both walked away, Sandra stumbling more often than necessary.