8

From an early age Mark had been a victim towards the harsh rules of the royal household. He had been used as a puppet and manipulated to do things saying that his mother was a man and not a woman. No one knew that part, even servants belittled his childish tantrums for being an illegitimate child. The young prince grew with hurt building within himself as he started to grow believing that he wasn't good enough for anything. Now that his father, the king was dead the magistrate had issued a verdict that Mark wasn't fit enough to be king. For he didn't possess the necessary skills to a ruler. It triggered the poor boy so much he couldn't handle it anymore. Especially when he knew Haechan was severely sick and his mother was put to be executed for being a man and bearing a child.

"M-Mark......Don't.....Don't leave me." Donghyuck whispered softly, his eyes void of anything. He whimpered, he pleaded but Mark wasn't going to give in.

"I don't love you........." Mark snapped, the youngers breath choked his throat as he started coughing so much that blood seeped out if his mouth.

"You love me." Haechan sat up but Mark had already decided to leave.

"Tonight my mother would be beheaded........for being in love with a man and carrying a child. If I stayed any longer you would die too. Don't ever seek for me again." The prince glared at the weak beauty as he stomped away from his chambers.

Meanwhile Renjun dropped the story book in the bathroom, he was bullied by those senior boys. They were harassing him and doing mean things to him, the water seeping into the story book. Jeno came just in time as he punched the bullies in their guys as he scooped Renjun in his arms and carried him away.

"Why do you keep hugging this book? It's soaked." Jeno carefully asked Renjun who kept shivering. The boy shook his head crying.

"I-It's Hyuckie's." Renjun sniffled.

"Your best friend who went missing?" Jeno looked apologitically at the beauty. The boy nodded crying harder as the senior male hugged him tightly.

It rained heavily in Resonance, Donghyuck looked high and low for his man, he knew Mark loved him and that his grandmother was who kept threatening him. He thought she was dead, nevertheless he ran with difficulty in order to find the usually depressed prince. There he stood at a window, watching his mother being dragged to Guillotine, his knuckles white with pain. What sin did his father leave behind?

"Markie." Haechans soft voice made him turn around, his heart broke at how drenched the beauty looked. He had obviously been padding barefoot under the heavy rain.

"Go away." Mark sternly ordered the brunette, he didn't want anyone to know of his cowardly plans. His eyes were blurry, with tears he tried to hide.

"I love you Mark." Donghyuck wrapped his arms around the olders neck and pressed their lips together. Making the blonde prince forget his mental trauma for a little while. They kissed, until the rain fell harder, until the princes arms felt the fragile boys pale bare waist. They were in love in a place where love was forbidden if it were the same gender.

"I lo-........." Mark never completed his words for someone yanked his lover from his embrace. It was his grandmother, she dragged Haechan away from him.

"Mark!!!!!" Haechan screamed, a bloodcurdling scream as he was dragged away to the Guillotine along with Taeyong.

"Disgusting faggot! Both of you shall die together!!! Your remains shall be put to the lions for food and never have a proper burial!" The grandmother slapped Haechan making him fall on his knees behind the large sharp glass.

"Run away! Mark will surely follow you! Runaway Haechan!" Taeyong pushed the brunette away, yet those big golden brown eyes stared back at Ocean blue eyes far up on the castle window.

Taeyongs neck was placed, the glass slicing it from his body, Donghyucks blurry vision saw Mark stand at the window. Just where he was dragged away from, all the country's attention turned to their future king, as Haechan shook his head at the handsome boy. He begged in his mind,  but it was for no avail. Mark could no longer take it, the manipulation, the fact that others had a right to decide for him, his mother was executed despite being pregnant, his lover was dragged away because the innocent boy loved him. Did his father really die or was he killed? Or did he commit suicide? Mark could hear the pleadings of his people, if he stayed any longer they'd prevent him from jumping.

"Mark Lee!!! Stop your tantrums! Get back down!" The grandmother ordered her grandson. He looked at the vile lady who threatened to kill his baby Pudu. He nodded pretending to go inside, just so the crowd would disperse. His plan worked, the people now flocked around Haechan, as he ran to the window and jumped off the opening.

"MARK!!!! NO!!!!" Donghyuck screamed as he ran to his lover, shaking in dismay. Mark fell to his death, he was a coward, a pawn for the royal family. Haechan was dragged to the Guillotine once again, in witness of Marks cold blue eyes. He was accused of treason, especially for being the murderer of the prince and engaging in sexual intercourse with a man. When Haechans neck was placed, his big doe eyes too shocked to even quiver, was this his fate in the book? Why was here if he couldn't change a thing about Marks fate? Or his? His whole life reflected on those ocean blue eyes, he loved this man so much even though it was just a story. The sharp glass slide down upon his hickey filled neck, severing head from body, everything went dark. The skies started raining heavier, Haechans head rolling towards Marks as it stopped there. For good.