Chapter 5

Molly
"Alright, you search left and I'll search right." I said and we headed off in different directions of the woods.
We've been searching for an hour and we still couldn't find anything.
"God my legs are getting tired." Lilly groans. "We're also late for our next lesson."
"Shit!" I said, horrified. "We need to get to drama and theatre already!"
We ran as fast as we could to drama and theatre and we were late. Miss Biggins, our teacher is not impressed.
"Care to share to the whole class why you're late?" She asked sternly.
"Errr..." Lilly starts nervously.
"We were doing homework and didn't notice the time. Our bad." I said apologetically.
I see Skye giving us a glare and the boys looked at us in confusion. Jake gave me a surprised look too. Welp, I guess he does know I usually arrive early.
Afterschool, I only managed to say bye to Lilly since Skye and Milly had to get home quickly. I can't tell lills yet about me and Jake because I just don't know how she'll react.
Is she really on Skye's side to believe the boys are really bad or is she just feeling forced to do so? I'm just confused. I met up with Jake outside the school gates and made sure none of my friends were around.
"Heyo." He waves. "Where are we off?"
"Hmmm... How about my house?" I suggested.
"Sure. Np." Jake smiles.
My parents were working till late today so it was fine for Jake to come over. They trust me to be responsible. We sat in my bedroom and talked for hours about our musical career.
He said him and his mates performed at BGT before so that was why they were well known. I guess that explains it. I told him I play the guitar.
"I haven't seen you play." Jake says. "Can I hear you play?"
"I probs don't have the best talent-" I start but he interrupts me.
"PLEEEASEEEE!" He begged.
"Alright fine!" I gave in. I took out my electric guitar my cousin bought me for my birthday last year and I've been using it ever since.
I strummed a few notes and played my favourite tune. After that, Jake started to clap proudly.
"Molly, you are amazing! You should've shown your talent earlier." He said.
"Thanks. So are you." I complimented. "I guess I was insecure about it."
"Hey, shall we do a duet for fun?" He asked.
"Now? Sure." I agreed. We started playing until I heard my front door open which I forgot to lock. Great.
"Molly? Are you there?" A voice called.
It's Lilly.
"Jake hide! It's Lilly." I urged.
"What's so-" Jake blurted in confusion but I forced him to hide under my bed and he gave in.
"There you are molls." Lilly grins as she enters my room. "I found some- wait! Who/what's under your bed??"
"Uhm nothing." I usher, trying to steer her away from my bed but she pushed me out of the way and found Jake hiding underneath. I cover my face with embarrassment.
"Lills, I can explain-" I said.