Chapter 14

Noah
"Are you guys sure about this?" I asked. It was a Saturday at 7pm. We all got up to do this so that no one suspects us.
"Yes. We're aware that some of us may go missing during our hunt so me and Jake thought of something." Molly says proudly. "I made a lot of these necklaces with Jake but they aren't any ordinary necklaces. We can go in pairs to separate and whoever is in danger, scream and the silver on our neck can flash with red lights."
"That's really smart." I grin as I put it on.
"Same." Jacob agrees. "I'm ready to do this."
"Great so now we need each others locations on our phone in case we get lost." Jake adds. "If you've found anything like a certain object, tell us immediately! They could be related to Isla or Sara."
"Got it!" Lilly says. "Noah, wanna pair up for this?"
"Sure." I grinned with butterflies. For some reason, I'm just feeling that excitement. I know I'm supposed to take this seriously which I am but working with Lilly is something I love. I mean she's got a great sense of humor, personality. I just hope we find something that gives us clues.
"Cool. Me and Molly will go together." Jake says.
"Me and Jacob of course." Skye nods and Jacob nods too.
"I'll go with Milly." Tom grins.
We then started the investigation. Me and Lilly headed in different directions from the other pairs who are obviously in separate directions too.
"Okay Lills, which area did you find Isla's blue scarf?" I asked.
"I think it was around this area." She says as we walked over to that side. We started searching this part of the woods but there's still nothing.
We were tired after looking for 15 minutes.
"I think I need a break." Lilly says panting.
"Me too." I agreed. I brought chocolate digestives in my pocket for some reason and shared them with Lilly.
"Thanks, I needed that." She grinned which made my face turn hot but I try to stop the feeling. God, can I ever act normal in front of my own friend? Jesus!
"Lilly, have you ever looked for y'know... love?" I asked as my heart was beating fast.
"It depends in which way. I've never really been fallen for in that way..." She says as her face goes red.
"Are you at least... falling for someone in particular..?" I asked. Oh my days, what am I doing? "I'm really sorry for asking."
"No it's fine." She smiles. "I don't know. It's complicated but maybe... I just don't know if he likes me back or not."
She said she is falling for someone!? Who?? I can't mess this up. How was Jacob and Skye able to get together? I guess they were lucky to like each other unlike Lilly here who's fallen for someone else. I've liked Lilly for a month now and it's something I haven't felt in a long time. Being together with her made everything feel better in my life.
I feel like I have to do something to see if she feels the same way.
"Noah... Are you okay?" She asked curiously.
"I'm sorry Lilly... I just feel like having some love..." I said quickly as I went over and kissed her. She pushed me away.
"Noah what the-" she said uncomfortably.
"I-I'm sorry! I didn't know what I was doing." I said as I was panicking.
"Uhm okay but you didn't have to kiss me like that-" she yelps. "I'm just gonna go home."
She got up but I pulled her hand.
"Lilly pls listen! I didn't mean-" I start but she gave me a death stare.
"Pls don't follow me." She cried. "I just want to be alone, pls!"
I couldn't stop her as she's running out of the woods as far as she can. I know boys don't cry but since I was alone, I felt safe to do it. I felt my eyes sting with tears as I'm sitting alone until my phone buzzed.
"Guys, we've found something!" Milly texts on the groupchat. "Come straight to our location!"