Chapter 13

Lilly
"Wait what?? Lemme read this." Noah said as he took the piece of paper. "How did it end up in your bag Lills?"
"I don't know! They must've snucked into here and left it in my bag." I said.
"I saw you and your little friend at Mess Thirteen Woods the other day. Your classmates won't be here for long. I'm watching you and I will catch you and your friends if you try to find them." Noah reads. "The Kidnapper."
"Okay now I'm actually scared!" I said as I'm shivering.
"Lilly don't worry. Just breathe and calm down!" Noah says. "If anything happens, I'll always be there to protect you!"
"Thanks Noah. But we have to warn Molly as well. She was with me when we went looking for clues in the woods." I said. "And who the kidnapper is!"
"And they could be after us as well..." Noah says slowly. "Jake told me about Molly trying to find out more about Isla & Sara's disappearance but I didn't know you were involved."
"Molly asked me to." I quip. "She knew I knew all these stuff about crime."
"We'll tell them all after our show." Noah smiles.
"Agreed." I said.
God, what am I doing!? I should be brave enough to fight a kidnapper like that, not feel scared. That's not gonna help me solve the mystery of the disappearance of Isla Lloyd and Sara Spice...
"So how long will the event end?" I asked Noah as we walked back into the backstage room.
"Nearly time actually." Noah replied looking at his phone for the time. "Jacob & Skye's acoustic version of I don't like me too performance is the last thing on our list."
"Thank god." I said as I pushed the doors open.
Molly stood up from her seat.
"Oh my, where were you guys?" She asked.
"We'll explain later." I said. "Has Skye and Jacob finished their performance?"
"Yes, they're busy putting their equipment away." Tom replied. "Why, what's up?"
"It's just something to do with Isla & Sara's kidnapper..." I said.
"Fuck. You have to tell me!" Molly says.
"Wait so all of this was about the disappearance of them two??" Milly asks.
"Yeah. We're sorry we didn't tell u because we didn't want u to get involved to risk your life but I think now is the time to mention it because they can be after any of us!" I explained.
"I have a feeling this isn't good news..." Molly says.
Jacob and Skye walk back into the backstage room.
"Hey guys!" Skye grins.
"Hey, did you have a great time on stage?" Milly asks.
"Yes. Infact, it was a way of showing my apology to everyone and even the boys for ruining your first show at Chapter City." She said. "Nothing like I've performed before."
"Oooh can I perform out there next time?" I asked. "Me and Molly can swag!"
"I'm sure that would be great next time." Jake laughs.
"Anyways, is everything okay?" Skye asks curiously.
"Yes Lilly? Can you tell us now?" Molly asks.
I took out the piece of note I found in my bag and gave it to Skye as she read it with horror.
"We seriously need to be careful guys. The kidnapper seems really freaky..." Jake warns. "I'm starting to think that you guys should stop this investigation. It's too dangerous. We're only 16."
"No." I said. "I'm not giving up!"
"Me neither." Molly agrees. "I study Crime & Punishment so I do have the knowledge."
"Besides I think this is it." I said. "I found Isla's blue scarf which fell onto my hands when I was searching in the woods. Then there was a note on me."
"Which must mean that the kidnapper is trying to leave us a trace to Isla and Sara for some reason because they're putting their properties as clues." Molly finishes. "Of course Lills!"
"I'm in." Milly says firmly. "I know there's a lot of risks but I'm always here to help my friends. I'm ready!"
"Same here." Skye agrees.
"I guess we're in." Jake nods and the others nod as well.