Part Fourty-Two

Marie and Dylan laid there for a while taking pictures of each other. They laid on there sides Dylan pulled her close to him as she cuddled into him for a while.
They talked quietly between them so other people didn't hear them.
There baby was kicking again. Dylan placing his hand on her tummy. He smiled every time she kicked his hand.

The midwife came to her bed. She smiled at the two of them who was still talking.
"Again. Blimey". Marie said. Moving so the mid wife could take her blood pressure Dylan smiled at her.
Once all done they left her alone. Marie laid back down with him.
"You ok?" Marie said.
"Yeah. Just worried about you". Dylan said. Kissing her lightly on the lips.
"It's not easy to sleep with out next to Me". Marie said.
"I know. Believe I know. I can't sleep without you either". Dylan said.
Marie sighed and moved even closer to him. These next couple weeks was going to be hard for them both.
Marie and Dylan laid there for a bit longer.

"I better go. I really don't want to". Dylan said. Marie looked at him.
"I know. But you have Mitch to look after he needs you as well ok. So be there with him. While I'm here in hospital". Marie said. Rubbing his cheek with her thumb.
"And we have our phones. We can text call. Loads of things when your not here ok. It's only for a couple of weeks and then I will be back with you and Mitch. With our new baby". Marie said.
"I know I know. But anything. Changes you will ring me ok?"  Even if I've just left here ok". Dylan said.
"Dylan you know I will ok?"  Marie said. Dylan nodded slowing getting off the bed. The two of them said there byes. As Marie watched him walk off. She laid back down.

Full of emotion she started to cry. She knew it was the hormones but still she couldn't help it. Both of them was worried. Marie had been here before but that still didn't  stop her from getting worried or upset on things.

The tears fall as she wiped them away.  The midwife came back opening the curtain the she put the items down.
"Oh sweetie come here". She said. Giving her a hug.
"I know it's stupid me crying over this". Marie said.
"Nothing stupid about it. Your both worried. It's ok you have a good cry.  He really does love you. He's made it clear to us any changes we are to notified him straight away". She said.
"Oh god I'm sorry". Marie said.
"No don't be. I wish I saw more fathers like him be like that. He knows your the one having his baby. But that doesn't mean he's not wanting to be involved in every part of this. Because he does. He even said if things change in the night. We are to let him know. Sweetie. That's a good man. And I'm sure he would be here now if he could be and I'm sure seeing you cry would upset him just as much. But it's ok to cry. Ok". She said.
"I know. Hormones huh". Marie said.
"Yes and no. Your worried it's ok to worry. You have every right to be. Ok. So don't let feel like oh I can't cry. Ok". She said.
Marie nodded and smiled.
"He wishes he can be here. But I told him he has Mitch to look after as he needs him while  I'm here". Marie said.
"He brings Mitch up during the right?" She said.
"Yes. I just don't think late at night is ideal. So my daughter is looking after him so Dylan could come here". Marie said.
"Well that's good. It's important you allow them to help you. Does she mind?"  She said.
"No, her idea". Marie said.
"Well that's good. Will she be able to look after Mitch if anything changes?" She said.
"Yes". Marie said.
"Well there you go. You both need to allow the people closes to you help. Yes I know. It's hard because of who he is. But that shouldn't be a problem. In saying we need a bit of support at this time. Even more when you have the baby. I'm sure you remember the 13 week recovery period?" She said.
"Oh yes. I've spoken to Dylan in detail on that. And he was ok with it. But you know I find it hard in allowing people to help me even though these last two weeks I've had to let them. It's been really difficult". Marie said.
"I know. But you will need them too so you can heal and get better. So if they want to help let them until your physically allowed to be doing other things". She said.