Saved

Narrator's POV

Nick's eyes opened slowly. Joe gasped.

"Nicky... There's a boat" Joe croaks

Nick smiled weakly. He was frozen, like a statue.

Joe looks at the boat. He removes his frozen body from the wood. He calls out to the boat but his voice only came out as a croak. Joe plunges into the icy water and pulls Nick onto his back and makes his way to an officer's body and grabs the whistle and blows it.

Lowe whips around at the sound of the whistle.

"Row back! That way!" He commands.

Joe keeps blowing the whistle as the boat comes towards him and Nick. He is still blowing when Lowe takes the whistle from his mouth and hauls them into the boat. Nick slips into unconsciousness and they scramble to cover them with blankets.

Joe must've slipped into unconsciousness or something because when he opened his eyes he sees them approach a ship. Once they got on the ship Nick is taken away for medical treatment.

"Will he be okay?" Joe whispered, he was completely surprised on how vulnerable he sounds.

The nurse didn't say anything, just gave him a small smile which kinda reassured.

Joe was wrapped in blankets and given tea to warm him up.

I know this is short but I'm at church right now and I can't type a lot. I'll add the next chapter when I get home.