Dinner

Narrator's POV

Nicholas is in Amanda Vanduyne's room getting his suit fitted for the dinner tonight. Amanda is Joseph's dresser. She helps him choose the clothes he wears each day. Once Nick is ready, Amanda gasps "My my. You shine up like a new penny" she smiles.

In the dining saloon

"Zac, Surely you remember Mr .Jonas" Joseph said

"Jonas! I didn't recognize you" Zac said.

"So tell us about the accommodations in steerage Mr. Jonas. I hear they're quite good on this ship" Joseph's mother told Joe.

"The best I've ever seen ma'am. Hardly any rats" Nicholas replied.

Joseph motions to Nick to take his napkin off his plate.

"Mr. Jonas is joining us from 3rd class tonight. He saved my fiancé last night" Zac said.

There were some whispers among the table.

Zac turns to Nick. "This is foie grass. It's goose liver" he told Nick as if he was a child.

"How do you take your caviar, sir" the waiter Nick.

"Just a soupon of lemon" Zac answered for him and he turned to Nick "it improves the flavor with champagne" he added.

"No caviar for me. Never liked it as much" Nick said to the waiter.

After the meal, Zac's friend, Frederick spoke up.

"Join me for a brandy gentlemen?"

He stood up.

"Would you like to join us Mr. Jonas?"

Nicholas declined politely

"No thanks, I'm heading back" he smiled.

"Nick, must you go?" Joe said sadly.

"Time for my coach to turn back into a pumpkin" Nick said jokingly.

Nick leans over to take Joe's hand and he slipped a folded note into it.

Joseph's mother scowled at Nick as he walked away. Joseph opened the note under the table. It reads "Make it count. Meet me at the clock" Joe smiled at the note.